Trusted Contributor

Re: Non-US Airlines: experiences

I also flew on Korean Air and thought it was excellent. I flew economy, but the seats were comfortable with enough leg room. The flight attendants were all so put together, polite, and helpful. I think the flight attendants on Southwest are always nice, and I've seen them go out of their way for customers (especially kids flying alone), but for the most part, flight attendants aren't like they used to be. It would be nice if they would smile since flying is always exciting (can you believe we're in a tin can 30,000 miles up?!?!), but you can often tell that they don't enjoy their job. It's like thye're going out of their way to bring you water. I don't want to feel like I'm entering someone's crappy job site. Woman LOL Yes, I'm talking to you, United. 

I was kind of sketched out to eat airplane sushi, but the rest of the meal on KA was good. My friends who took Asiana received a free ticket to Cheju Island and said the food was excellent on the flight. I wouldn't hesitate to use an Asian airline again. 

Honored Contributor

does anyone have any experience with austrian airlines? my s/o is traveling to the middle east and he chose to use austrian because he found an inexpensive flight. it will be a LONG one though! he is flying out of LAX.

last time he used turkish airlines and he was very unhappy. he said never again.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

We recently flew Alitalia to Italy, and had completely different experiences both times.  Going there, we were in Coach 2 by 2 seats, and it was so comfortable.  The beef meal was good, and it was just a great experience.  Coming back, they had changed to a larger plane, and we were squeezed into 3 by 3 seats.  Plus, the seats were fixed and could not recline, and none of the arm rests would go up either.  The beef meal was not tasty and it was overall a poor experience.  So, you never know how it will go, even on the same airline a few weeks apart.