Super Contributor

Re: Non-US Airlines: experiences

We fly on Iberia every year to go to our beach condo in Portugal, and love the airline (although their website is horrible). 

Esteemed Contributor

Whenever I can I fly Korean Air.  All of the Asian airlines surpass US carriers.  The staff is polite, attentive and tne planes are spotless.  We travel business class as we've aged and the space is tremendous; three windows, storage compartments by the seats that close so no squeezing under the seat.  The food is excellent and on long flights the attendants check on passengers as they sleep and place water by your seat.   Their economy class is roomier as well and economy plus is called Morning Calm.  

United Emirates is also nice but I prefer Korean Air.  

Valued Contributor

I fly Air France at least twice a year, love it and the service is wonderful. SFO-CDG non-stop. Food and service is wonderful, I'm never late and often times arrive early.

I've flown them for over 20 years.

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMacwrote:

In my personal opinion, non-US airlines provide the best service.  My favorites are Air France & SA Airlines.  FREE bottles of wine for everyone as well as real meals w/real silverware & napkins!

What class of service did you fly on Air France to get a free bottle of wine?  Flew premium economy with them in 2015, 16 & 17 and there were no free bottles of wine.  One flight attendant we had been chatting with brought the two of us each a glass of champagne when she finished service in Business.  It helped that our seats were at the front of prem. economy closest to Business.

Honored Contributor

I have flown Korean Air economy and it was wonderful.  They passed water and juice about every 30 minutes.  The food was good and before meals, they came around with a basket of hot moist towels that they handed to you with tongs to wash up with.  

I have flown Air China in the US and also in China.  They were pretty good...better than many US Airlines. 

The Asian Airlines really cater to their patrons.

i have flown with several other airlines, but can’t remember which ones..too long ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

The Asian Airlines really cater to their patrons.

The “big boss” usually flies private jets.  Exception - some of the Asian airlines.  Of course, he still flies first class, but it still says something about the service they provide.  I was in economy on Asiana and I agree with your comments.  Was very nice; would definitely use again (although, the choice of food was either a Korean dish or Western.)

Honored Contributor

@Wobin

I fly 1st class for flights over 3 hrs.  On Air France 1st class gets the 16oz bottle of wine.  Everyone else gets the 4oz bottles of wine. 

However, if the plane files over the equator, everyone gets a glass of champagne.  When the plane "jumps" over the equator, everyone raises their glass towards the cockpit & shouts saluer (sp) (salute in French).

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMacwrote:

@Wobin

I fly 1st class for flights over 3 hrs.  On Air France 1st class gets the 16oz bottle of wine.  Everyone else gets the 4oz bottles of wine. 

This is interesting, 4oz bottles of wine have never been served on the many Air France flight we have made over the past 20 years.

Honored Contributor

@Wobin

@Wobinwrote:

This is interesting, 4oz bottles of wine have never been served on the many Air France flight we have made over the past 20 years.

@Wobin

I wonder if it depends on where you catch the flight and/or the destination?  I've always taken AF from LA as a connection flight to Tahiti. 

I've got you beat...31 yrs for me.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

LAX to Paris at least 8 times since 1996.  Do you suppose it's only done on Tahiti-bound flights?