Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need recommendations on where to stay and things do in New York in April

So much to do and see in NYC. American Musuem of Natural History, Statue of Liberty, 9/11 Musueum, Rockerfeller Center, Empire State Building, Times Square, Central Park, St Patrick's Cathedral for starters. @deemcd

Respected Contributor

Rather than cabs, look for BLACK CARS. They are everywhere and we find then cleaner and nicer than cabs especially to and from the airport. They are found in the same area as cabs and are one price for the trip. Price varies but I would say maybe $20 more than a cab. 

Honored Contributor

#1 for a child 

Museum of Natural History - Dinosaurs and lots of them along with the Planetarium is located in the same facility - 

You should map out - Manhattan has lots of things to do and you don't want to go uptown and downtown in 1 day.

Subways are your friend - get a map and circle which train stops are relevant.

Spring is great - not too hot and nice walking weather. Comfy shoes for everyone.

Respected Contributor

We have a place in the city so have a home base.   I've entertained children (Grands and grand nieces & nephews) in the city and sadly they get bored VERY QUICKLY.  All of them have liked the Top of the Rock and M&M.  The boys enjoyed a Yankees' game while the girls liked American Girl.  Unless you are seeing a show like Lion King, Broadway shows are long and expensive.

I hate to sound like a Debbie Downer but April weather is fickle.  One day you may need winter coats and the next shorts and t-shirts.

As others have suggested, Google "things for children to do in NYC."  Good luck!