Super Contributor

Need help planning New England vacation!

I have decided to go to new england on vacation, because down south is too scary with the virus.

Can anyone suggest a nice Resort, and things to do?  At some point, I will be in Kennebunkport Maine, but was looking to drive somewhere else in new england.

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Need help planning New England vacation!

To my way of thinking, if people want to stop the spread of the virus then everyone should stay home as much as possible and only go out for essential reasons.

And don't some states have a quarantine in place for visitors from some states?

Respected Contributor

Salem, Mass.

Glouchester, Mass.

Provincetown, Mass.

Cape Cod, Mass.

Old Sturbridge Museum

Stockbridge, Mass (Norman Rockwell!)

Bar Harbor, Maine.

Acadia National Park, Maine.

Providence, RI.

Mystic, Conn.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee Just want to say I always get a kick out of your nickname here!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now granted this could have changed in the last few days but last I heard if you are traveling to Ct or Mass you have to self quaranteen for 14 days unless you are from Rhode Island, Ct. Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, New York or New Jersey. That's even if you are from Ct or Mass and have been staying in any other states than those and are coming home.

If that has not already been updated it might be by the time you travel. Best to check before you head in this direction.

Honored Contributor

I surely wouldn't go on any type of vacation now. 

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

I’m in Ma and will be in Maine next week- quarantining at an Air BnB. My grandchildren, and great grands will visit us there.

In MA, we wear masks in public places and social distance, and  we will continue those practices in Maine.

We will be bringing all the food because  we aren’t allowed to be in public places

and we respect that. 

In Ma, there is signage on the highways that visitors have to quarantine for 14 days...

If your State is on the good list (lol) then you’ll be Ok. 

On Wednesday, Maine will announce if they have added any more states to their good list. I’m hoping MA will be on the list because it would be nice to do some activities, but still Ok if not.

On another note, at work, one of our customers was staying at a Holiday Inn Express, and there was No breakfast items, No Coffee, and No vending machines! So something you may want to ask if/when you book.

Respected Contributor

i'm with @ID2  ... i can't imagine traveling anywhere right now.  

Super Contributor

I love Maine! You actually don't have to quarantine for 14 days if you can get a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arriving in the state. If you go to Kennebunkport, you are not that far away from Cape Elizabeth where you can go to Ft. Williams Park and see the beautiful Portland Head Light. You must go on the cliff walk (it's not scary, it's a short, safe path along the water with gorgeous views of the lighthouse). I also love Boothbay Harbor and the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens. And of course, Acadia National Park is the BEST! 

Contributor

I love Maine too!! Keeping our fingers crossed we get there yet this year. As the previous poster said, Acadia is the BEST and I agree.