Honored Contributor

I'm a native New Yorker and return to visit a couple of times a year.  Having a difficult time finding a place in Manhattan that's under (well under) $300/night.  Do NOT want to stay near Times Square or Herald Square.  Any suggestions???  TIA!

Valued Contributor

Hi! The last time i was in Manhattan (two years ago), my grandson and I stayed at the Garden Hilton on 35th between 5th and 6th.

The hotel was new in 2016 and had all the comforts we needed. A nice central location for walking, getting cabs, subway, etc. The price was excellent, too, certainly NOT $300 a night.!

Have fun. It's my favorite ctiy!

Established Member

Lexington Hotel, Lexington Ave. & 48th Street

Super Contributor

I've fallen in love with NYC---ben 9 times in 6 or 7 years!  Our favorfite place to stay---and have stayed there the last 4 times---is Radio City Apartments.  It is on 142 W. 49th.  A few blocks left is Times Square and block right is Rock Center---this is as leaving out of the hotel.  No street sounds problems---other than occassional siren. The prices are the best we have ever found, rooms are clean and comfortable.  I have stayed from the Penthouse to a regular 2 double bed room----was not disappointed in any..  Yes, the 2 dbl. room was small----but only as most NY rooms are.  If you book and talk with Tina---tell her Carol from TN told you about her great hotel! LOL  

Respected Contributor

I admit we have not stayed here in a while but the Shoreham on 55th between 5th and 6th was reasonably priced. Just checked trip advisor and it was listed as As $199.00

Respected Contributor

My best friend and I go for a week every year.   Last year we stayed at the Hotel Beacon -- Upper West Side.  We loved it.  No problem getting a regular room under $300.00 .   The neighborhood is quiet and beautiful with loads of great places to eat and a Fairway market right across the street.  Join their Beacon Insider and get a better rate.

We also liked the Washington Square hotel.  Loved the location.   The room was small and the bathroom tiny but we'd stay there again.

This year, next month, we've booked an apartment in Kips Bay.   Going to give the VRBO/HomeAway route a shot.

Honored Contributor

we like staying in the wall street area.

there are plenty of very reasonably priced nice hotels that cater to business people.

it is a bit out of the area you want to stay in, but easy to get into manhattan several ways.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

We were just in NYC a month ago, and stayed in the Queensboro Bridge area.  There were several mid-range hotels there, such as Fairfield Inn and Hilton Garden Inn.  The subway is a 5 minute walk, and it was 2 stops from Manhattan.  We were very comfortable and didn't hear any train noise.

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

My best friend and I go for a week every year.   Last year we stayed at the Hotel Beacon -- Upper West Side.  We loved it.  No problem getting a regular room under $300.00 .   The neighborhood is quiet and beautiful with loads of great places to eat and a Fairway market right across the street.  Join their Beacon Insider and get a better rate.

This is our neighborhood.Heart
Respected Contributor

@lulu1

I'm so jealous.   We just loved the UWS.   Quiet and beautiful.  We'll stay there again for sure.   You are one lucky lady to live there.