Respected Contributor

Checking out prices for flights to NYC in December.  Anyone book through Orbitz?  Does their "Price Guarantee"  really mean anything?  I hate to book this soon but some people have advised me not to wait.  Anyone have thoughts on this based on experiance?

Honored Contributor

Flights to NYC in December are packed.   Huge tourist season for the city, plus kids coming home from college.    

Check Clark Howard also, he sends out deals weekly.

@bargainsgirl

Honored Contributor

Book the flight through your local travel agent.  This way if any issus crop up, the agent will take of it.  You won't have to. No need to worry about those website "Price Guarantee."

Also, the agent will find you the cheapest rate for you. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I always fly Southwest (2 free checked bags) and I go right to their website and book it myself.  It's not too early. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

December is a tough time for flights to/from NYC.  DH always goes then and usually books his flights in June/July.  I would suggest checking the websites of airlines that fly your route and keep checking them.  Prices fluctuate constantly.  I have found booking on a Tuesday/Wednesday to have the best fares.  I wouldn't trust Orbitz or any other third party site.

Respected Contributor

Not too early bc I had a holiday cruise scheduled for December (out of Ft Lauderdale) and in April our travel agent told us he's surprised  we'd not gotten our flights yet bc, as he reminded us, December/holidays are extremely busy travel days.  

Honored Contributor

I just go directly to the airlines website and check prices.

When I went this past December, the cheapest flights were on United.  My sister booked our flights in either September or October.