Respected Contributor

Looking for nice Italian restaurants in NYC.  Any suggestions???  We are staying near Bryant Park but it does not need to be closebySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Eataly is a great/fun place to for all things Italian.  It is a giant marketplace of Italian shops, bakery, cafes, restaurant, etc.  Allow sometime to explore before or after you eat.

Have fun!

Honored Contributor

Carmines is probably the best you can get, goggle them, their food and portion's are legendary, and they do take reservations

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Agree about Carmine's.  Fun place to go.  Definitely make reservations.  We are meeing friends in the city in April and our reservation is already made.

Respected Contributor

Gargiulo's in Coney Island, Brooklyn.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Italy part time so it depends on what you think is "nice".  I love Maialino which is the regional food of Rome and is a Danny Meyer restaurant on Lex and 23, Delposto in Chelsea and I love iSodi on Christiopher Street and itrulli is on the east side around 25th or 26th off Park I think which is the food of Pulia .....Carmines is fun but typical and so is Eataly for the experience  but the crowds are annoying and I don't really like eating where everyone walks by while shopping....NYC has the best Italian food but it depends what you want....if you ask in your hotel, they can recommend good restaurants closer.  At holiday time, Bryant Park is the best in NYC and I love Bryant Park Grill at this time of year

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

Gargiulo's in Coney Island, Brooklyn.

Coney Island is at least 45 minutes to an hour trip by subway or Uber

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: NYC again...

[ Edited ]

Trattoria TreColoir is my absolute favorite Italian restaurant. I usually go there after or before a broadway show for a special occasion. You absolutely need reservations and way in advance. It is located in the heart of Times Square.

Here is acreenshot of the address and phone number. Trip advisor gave it high marks and peruse menupages dot com for pricing. Go to the site for all the restaurant offerings. It lists by neighborhood and cruisine.

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 5.51.06 AM.png

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Carmines.   Tony DiNapoli's  also is excellent and located near Times Square.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Eataly is a great/fun place to for all things Italian.  It is a giant marketplace of Italian shops, bakery, cafes, restaurant, etc.  Allow sometime to explore before or after you eat.

Have fun!

@Abrowneyegirl .  I went there recently (to visit the World Trade Center memorial) and it was very good and fun to wander around all of the shops.  We had a great window seat overlooking the new 1WWT building.

It appears that there are two Eatalys in NYC now.