Super Contributor

NEED HELP - FAMILY RESORT IN THE SOUTHEAST??

Need to make plans quickly - I am looking for a nice Resort somwhere in George, Florida (not disney), South Carolina, etc...

Need a big pool, lots of restaurants, fun activities for kids.

Getting around on a Golf Cart would be a plus!

Help!!!  Need to book someplace soon!

Respected Contributor

Re: NEED HELP - FAMILY RESORT IN THE SOUTHEAST??

@qvc chick

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina - lots of beautiful places to stay - there is even a Disney Resort there.  

Saint Simons Island/ Jekyl  Island, - Georgia 

My best ideas for my area.  Google them and see what you think.  

Respected Contributor

You may want to look into any ALL INCLUSIVES that are available.  Pay up front and there is normally plenty of restaurants, activities, pools and things for the entire family (make sure when you look at the All Inclusive offerings).   Everything is covered so you don't have to have money every time the kids want something to eat or drink, and it would probably be very relaxing and fun for all.

Trusted Contributor

I really love Kiawah Island! I have a family member that has a place there and the beaches are so lovely.  Also super nice golf if you're into that Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Go to a travel agent. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@qvc chick Hilton Head Island in SC is awesome but I only know people that own homes there in over 50 developments so not certain about vacation.

If you are doing a LAST minute trip, try cruises.  They are cheaper then going to Myrtle Beach if you book at the last minute as they do not want empty rooms.   We have been on a few and my parents have been on 29 (before they passed) and it cost less then my trips to the beach.   Just saying, you may want to call and check with a local travel agency.  If you can drive to a port, you can cruise cheap if you plan it right. 

Honored Contributor

Callaway Gardens south of Atlanta.....have heard good things about it....look up website.

Honored Contributor

It's hurricane season, buy trip insurance in case you have to cancel

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@INDIANA BONES

There are many nice resorts on Hilton Head Island - Disney has a resort there now with private condo's and planned activites for children and adults.  It's very nice and there is lots to do, many, many, restaurants and shopping.  It's a nice, quick plan vacation. You can always find a condo to rent.       

Valued Contributor

@qvc chick 

The Great Smoky Mountains, TN would be a bit cooler this  *HOT*  time of year.    

You might want to check out DollyWood?  I have never been but heard good things. They also have a Titanic Museum I have heard is very interesting.   

Have Fun!  We want a post-trip report of course! <G>

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT