Respected Contributor

Re: Must Have's in a Hotel Stay

To me, what I want or feel I need at a beach location is far different than what I look for in a hotel in Manhattan. What I need when in town or a funeral is different than when in town to attend a wedding. And if traveling solo or as a couple then it is vastly different than traveling with children or pets.

The reason for needing a hotel plays into it.

Trusted Contributor

Clean, quiet, fluffy towels, upscale bedding, fridge

Breakfast items and coffee in the lobby

Occasional Contributor

I used to travel a lot for business.  I've rarely ever found a room with good enoough lighting to apply makeup and actually be able to see how well the finished result turned out.  I bring a lighted magnifying mirror, but it's really not enough.  Also disappointed that a shower cap is usually no longer included as standard with the toiletries.  Think my other wants/needs are covered in other posts.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We don't travel often, but when we do, we want luxury. Of course, clean and comfortable are foremost. I am not interested

in cooking on vacations. I want a breakfast served to me or a nice breakfast buffet, where they can make waffles or omelets for you.

The two places we go to in Maine and the two hotels in Bermuda where we stay, have fluffy white robes provided ( but not to take home with us). In Bermuda, I like to have a room safe for my valuables. We also want an ocean view at our Bermuda hotels.

I like that they all provide fresh bottles of water daily and have ample bathroom counter space and good lighting for applying makeup.

We are staying at our favorite inn in Maine in 2 weeks. This will be the first time travelling since covid.

Respected Contributor

Lots of good thoughts here...

I agree, my wants are different if I stay overnight in Lubbock or spend a week in Hawaii. 

Honored Contributor

Breakfast included is a must for us.  Also a refrigertor and preferably a microwave.

Respected Contributor

I’m happy if there is coffee in the lobby.  I might never use a hotel coffee maker again with that sock story.  I have never taken a bath in those tubs.  They appear clean, but I’ll just take a shower.  I really want great water pressure in the shower.  We also prefer to be away from the elevator.  

We are renting a place through VRBO for a short trip to New York this summer.  (Not NY city).  Lots of good reviews and you can see all the amenities and view the place.  It’s very little over the price of the hotel, and we will have an entire unit, not just a room for the four days away.  Also got a beach house through VRBO for the fall beach vacation.  We’ve had really good places so far.   

Honored Contributor

I want a table w/chairs size no object.  I take our coffee. pot, cups, etc., I write as I have morning coffee. I'm a list maker.  Take along a couple calendars and blank pages to write on.  Oh and they need something to hang towels on after bathing.  Early riser, do this to be quiet and wake up.  

Respected Contributor

A large desk, lot of electrical outlets, a microwave, fridge. A quiet hvac system. 
Separate room for sleeping, two televisions and more than one sofa.

The bathroom must have a hand held shower head. A working exhaust fan in the bathroom. 

Esteemed Contributor

Microwave, coffee lounge in hotel,  and breakfast buffet included in stay. Room has to be clean with soap and fluffy towels. 

Other amenities not necessary as I would be sight seeing and not spending a lot of time indoors.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain