Honored Contributor

I totally agree and with the loss in the stock market, family vacation would not be on the agenda for next year....if I was paying.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner   I'm with you. When you are handed a free week's vacation you don't get to dictate or complain when everyone else is happy with it.

Trusted Contributor

In my opinion, the couple that won't do the same location twice can pay for their own vacation! Good grief, talk about entitled! I am going to suggest the Outer Banks. I love it there. So does my family. Lots of stuff to do and no boardwalk. We've been there four times ( OMG, more than once) and never get bored. Haven't been there in a while, but may go next year.☀️🏖️

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Sooner   I'm with you. When you are handed a free week's vacation you don't get to dictate or complain when everyone else is happy with it.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 My upbringing would perhaps keep me from suggesting where they might go on vacation...Woman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

We took a multi-family vacation on three different cruises, one in Hawaii and two in the Caribbean.

Everybody could do their own thing during the day, and we all met at dinner time.  Nobody had to cook, clean, or organize activities.

It was a chance to be together and relax.  Cruises are also great for all ages.  

There are hundreds, if not thousands of places to visit in the South, but valid decisions depend on budget and exact travel parameters.  Does your friend go with the family and oversee all the arrangements? Does she look for resort hotels, or book rental homes? Does she want mountains, beaches, cities, or a bit of everything? Do they want areas with many restaurants and/or nightlife? Does she ask for their input, or does she just make a decision regarding location?

I love New Orleans, Charleston, Miami, Williamsburg, etc. There are too many lovely and wonderful hotels to list, some destinations just in themselves, such as the Greenbrier (I do not do rental homes.)  Popular for families are Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach. Some of my relatives like the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  

Perhaps some family pre-planning and discussion would make the travel efforts more productive.

Respected Contributor

Re: Multi family vacation

[ Edited ]

I just saw this rental today online. It's Parabull's Point, lake Lure, NC....75 foot stainless steel waterslide. It is pricey. 

Capture.JPG

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Can anyone share a multi family vacation that they took and were happy with their location?  

Looking for something in the south...like Georgia, Florida, Virginia, Alabama, etc.  

My friend gifts her family... 3 children their spouses and grandkids for a week vacation..  The youngest is 11 so there are no babies, the other 3 kids are late teens/college age.

They are running out of ideas and one couple will not do the same location twice!

thanks

In Florida there is always WDW and Universal.  WDW is a whole new monster with Genie+, park reservations,  etc.  And the cost....talk about cha-ching!  Some people rent DVC points.  Universal is more wallet friendly.  Don't know when they plan on going, but generally for WDW and Universal you need to make reservations well in advance.  Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Myrtle Beach, Outerbanks all come to mind.  If more into the mountains and cooler weather, how about the mountains in Virginia or Georgia.  If you time it right for the Fall, you can see some beautiful colors.  There are also cruises.  Many, if not all, have dropped their Covid testing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Multi family vacation

[ Edited ]

Callaway Gardens in Georgia?  South of Atlanta area if anyone had to fly.  Check out the website...lots to do year round....can rent private cottage type homes or stay in lodge.