Valued Contributor

My husband and I are considering a tour to NYC.  Has anyone here been to the Parade? How was it? Would you go again?

Any opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Trusted Contributor

@fbm8282lsm I have been to the parade.  It is very crowded.  It is something that you should try to do once if you can.

There is a lot of information about the parade online.  Macy's has an Official Parade website that you should look at.

This link gives some good info about watching the parade in person.

https://luxeadventuretraveler.com/tips-for-viewing-the-macys-thanksgiving-day-parade/

Good Luck.  If you go, I hope you have fun.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Valued Contributor

Thank you, for your response we would be going on a tour and that is one of the scheduled events.

Boat ride and tour  of Ellis island

Broadway show

Radio City Christmas show

World trade center memorial

It is a very busy 4 day tour, coming from VA

Honored Contributor

Re: Macy's Day Parade 2022

[ Edited ]

When I lived in NYC I went to the parade several times.  Those balloons are awesome!  Have to be seen in person.  It does depend a lot on the weather--not fun if it's cold, snowy, rainy or windy.  Have fun!

@fbm8282lsm Just read your second post.  Ellis Island and Radio City Music Hall are musts!  Yes, it sounds like a hectic 4 days!  Have fun!

Trusted Contributor

@fbm8282lsm wrote:

Thank you, for your response we would be going on a tour and that is one of the scheduled events.

Boat ride and tour  of Ellis island

Broadway show

Radio City Christmas show

World trade center memorial

It is a very busy 4 day tour, coming from VA

@fbm8282lsm That is a very busy 4 days.   Does your tour include any arrangements for the parade or are you on your own for the parade?

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

NYC is very festive that time of year.  You have to go some time in  your life for the experience.

Contributor

If I may ask-- where in Va is this tour. Sounds like a trip I would love.  Thanks

Valued Contributor

Thanks for all these responses.

The tour company has made arrangements for the parade.

The tour company is Sunshine tours out of Dublin VA, this is in southwest VA. I have traveled with them before, I think its great, all the planning is done for you, but you do have to follow their schedule.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm from and live in NYC.  We go to the parade every few years, but not out on the street.  We usually rent a hotel room at one of the 3 hotels in the area and see the parade from an upper floor.  We have brought people visiting to the parade this way and they all say they'd never do it any other way.  

Packages start on sale in the summer and they are not outrageously expensive, considering you are warm, comfortable and some include brunch.  

The pic below is from 2018

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

EC5FEF3A-A06E-4BC4-883C-B3B54EDB0702.jpeg