Honored Contributor

Re: Luggage Review - Lori Greiner

@Ibby114 Same with mine. The organizational pieces were still in a sealed plastic pouch and also the logo still had plastic on it. It was @gacat123 encouraged me to get the as-is one because at the time it did not appear like they would be getting it back in stock for quite some time as a new one. And I am glad she did, because I have yet to have a bad find on an as-is item.

But now that I have not only done it for the three days in Palm Beach, I have been traveling with it in Europe since the 20th of June. I have until the first week of August when I get home to keep checking the bag out.

My assessment at this time is that I really like the organizational features, but do not like the fact that it is more square/boxy than the normal bags. This affects me every time I am going down the aisles on a plane in coach (there was no problem in business class on this current trip). The side pouches stick out, even when I have nothing in them. So you have to make sure you are not going down the aisle any other way than very, very straight.

Also, because of the more square shape, it is not always easy to put it up in the overhead. Again, in business class, no problem; but the local commuter jet to the main cities......it had to be stuffed and pushed in. On two occasions there would be a man who got it in the overhead and got it out for me. Would be interested in knowing if anyone else has noticed that. If you are using in the car, no problem.

I look forward to seeing how it does on the cruise end of my trip starting around July 11. I thought it would be a great thing to just wheel into the very small bathrooms on the ship, hanging the organizational pieces it comes with on the telescoping handle, like Lori showed. If that does not work out as well as I hope it does, I may just use it for weekends that do not involve airplanes.

Also, please let me know if you think it rolls easily when you drag it behind you. The wheels do not seem to glide as well as when you roll it right next to you. Do you find the telescoping arm to be stable or a little jiggly?

@CHIP62 Definitely correct about the incognito thing. It was fine to be flashy with my leopard print weekender in Palm Beach; however, I feel I stick out like a sore thumb when I am traveling around Europe now. It is like people give me a double look, and I really like to blend in more.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Ibby114 Same with mine. The organizational pieces were still in a sealed plastic pouch and also the logo still had plastic on it. It was @gacat123 encouraged me to get the as-is one because at the time it did not appear like they would be getting it back in stock for quite some time as a new one. And I am glad she did, because I have yet to have a bad find on an as-is item.

But now that I have not only done it for the three days in Palm Beach, I have been traveling with it in Europe since the 20th of June. I have until the first week of August when I get home to keep checking the bag out.

My assessment at this time is that I really like the organizational features, but do not like the fact that it is more square/boxy than the normal bags. This affects me every time I am going down the aisles on a plane in coach (there was no problem in business class on this current trip). The side pouches stick out, even when I have nothing in them. So you have to make sure you are not going down the aisle any other way than very, very straight.

Also, because of the more square shape, it is not always easy to put it up in the overhead. Again, in business class, no problem; but the local commuter jet to the main cities......it had to be stuffed and pushed in. On two occasions there would be a man who got it in the overhead and got it out for me. Would be interested in knowing if anyone else has noticed that. If you are using in the car, no problem.

I look forward to seeing how it does on the cruise end of my trip starting around July 11. I thought it would be a great thing to just wheel into the very small bathrooms on the ship, hanging the organizational pieces it comes with on the telescoping handle, like Lori showed. If that does not work out as well as I hope it does, I may just use it for weekends that do not involve airplanes.

Also, please let me know if you think it rolls easily when you drag it behind you. The wheels do not seem to glide as well as when you roll it right next to you. Do you find the telescoping arm to be stable or a little jiggly?

@CHIP62 Definitely correct about the incognito thing. It was fine to be flashy with my leopard print weekender in Palm Beach; however, I feel I stick out like a sore thumb when I am traveling around Europe now. It is like people give me a double look, and I really like to blend in more.

Great info to know  @World Traveler!!  The bag is for my daughter -- she's in her last year of college to be an art teacher.  This year she'll be student teaching and this bag caught her eye for daily needs. But I can see her using it for short trips away too! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gacat123 This is an updated review of the Weekender by Lori Greiner.

Having now traveled with it since June 20 with about another week and a half to go, I do not think I will use it again and will give it to a relative or to one of the organizations in my hometown who do fundraisers. They have already told me that any luggage pieces would do well when they take items to sell.

There are three reasons that stand out as to why I do not want to deal again with the bag.

1. Although I really, really wanted the leopard design, but because it looks expensive, I just feel uncomfortable with it, standing out in airports, hotels, etc. It is okay going to someone's home for the weekend or when I went to Palm Beach this past March; that wouldn't bother me. But I feel conspicuous elsewhere.

2. The side pockets, which Lori demonstrates as a good place to put a hairdryer or other such items, just stick out too much for me. I keep hitting things when I am pulling it behind me; and I am not like many people who roll their luggage alongside them. I notice it in airport terminal stores when I go down the aisles and also even when I pull it behind me in the plane getting to my seat and then disembarking the plane. I end up picking it up and carrying it. I never had to do that with any other carry-on luggage.

3. If you notice her demonstrate the bag, she can put in and easily lift out several pairs of blouses, pants, shoes, etc. However, when using it as a carry-on I do not carry that many pieces of clothes in it. I put in one set in case my checked-in luggage doesn't make it, but mostly I put my electronics or things I would not want to be without in it, not clothes. Thus, the way the opening is situated (zipper way low, from top to bottom, when opening), my things fall out the minute I open it. With clothes in it as she shows, that does not happen. But a bunch of little items like I carry in it, it isn't practical for me.

I just checked the dimensions and compared it to the Puddle Jumper Wheelie. The Weekender is 15" high/long, 17-1/2" wide, and 10-1/2" deep. The Wheelie is 21" high/long, 15-1/2" wide, and 9" deep. Therein lies the problem....that extra two inches in width going down aisles. And that dimension is before you put something in it, which I did not do because it really would have made me knock stuff over while passing by things. The Weekender is more of a boxy look, and made it harder to get in some compartments on smaller commuter planes that I had to take on this trip.

However, I must say that the two organizational pieces that came with it, I am using them all the time. And I also love the four organizational pieces that came with the matching tote. I will keep those for sure. Very well made and handy.

I am eager to try the Lug Puddle Jumper Wheelie that is sitting at home waiting for me. I believe the dimensions will work better for my needs. 

My Rick Steves 25" luggage just keeps meeting all my needs for checked-in luggage. It has survived much beating over the years from the baggage handlers. But if Lug ever comes out with a checked-in luggage piece, I may just try that. I think they would have that coming at some point.