Honored Contributor

Re: Luggage - Peace, Love, World

@VaBelle35 Yes, I have noticed that people with hard-shell luggage have an advantage when it comes to rain.

I have had my soft-sided luggage get water inside when it was at the bottom of the bus, underneath in a compartment, and we had to go thru an area that did not have good drainage. Water was high and the road went way down, under an overpass. Then cars ahead of us stalled, and we were stuck there for sometime.

Once we arrived at our destination, it was the hard-shell luggage people who weren't bemoaning what had happened to their clothes. Muddy water had seeped into mine, and I had to wash almost everything in it! Smiley Sad

Good point you make!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler  The worst for me was a conference in Florida.  It was early in the season, so I bought a lot of new spring clothes for the trip.  All the pink stuff bled into the white stuff.  

This was in the 90s, when United was a kinder, gentler airline.  LOL  I sent them a very nice letter by US mail with my receipts for the clothing that was ruined and they sent me a very nice check in return.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 OMG!! That must have made you sick to your stomach when you saw that; I know it would do that to me. Luckily, my stuff was not new but just very comfortable things to wear that I like to travel with. And the yukky dirty water (it happened in Egypt) came out once everything was washed.

Honored Contributor

I never care what happens to my luggage on the way home (that's when it's usually lost and I'm fine with that).  

When your stuff gets ruined on the way out, OY!

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

@VaBelle35

curious/nosy folks want to know. *what hard-ish* luggage did you purchase? <G>

keep calm all and travel on,

CAT

Honored Contributor

Cheap stuff from TJ Maxx.

It's a plastic-y material, but it's easily cracked I'm sure.  I've only used them twice each.  I bought them when I stopped traveling a lot for work.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler  I have a picture of them from my  FAcebook page before my 2 week trip last Fall.

Luggage.jpg

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

@VaBelle35 

I like the shades of  ROSE and PINK!   Thanks for sharing the photo. 

I have a very old Victorinox/Swiss bag  carry on  in Swiss RED! and love it.   

The bag is older but still works for me.  I have a black leather tote by Joy Mangano that fits on top of the carry on with strap over the telescope handle and worked last plane trip. I put carry on in overhead bin  and tote/zipped closed under the seat. 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 Oh, I love them! They are so, so pretty. Bet you don't have a problem locating your items on the conveyor belt, and I also bet NO ONE would ever steal them! LOL! They would be caught before they were out the door. ha!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

The pink one glows ;o)

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN