Honored Contributor

Luggage - Peace, Love, World

[ Edited ]

Did anyone watch the presentation Friday night of this really different luggage set? For some reason I am unable to post the pictures of them. It is F12677 if someone is more successful in posting the photos here.

The set comes in Black and also Yellow. The bright yellow set has a happy face Smiley Happy on it; and the black set has the symbols for peace, love, and world.

They seemed to have excellent wheels on them and moved quite easily when they were demonstrating. It is a hard-shell luggage set.

The cost is $269 for the two pieces in either color.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Honored Contributor

Re: Luggage - Peace, Love, World

i thought it was very cute, but i have so much luggage now plus i dont care for hardsided luggage anymore.

plw1.jpeg

plw2.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't buy luggage for it's looks. I buy it to protect my belongings while traveling. I couldn't find any info on who manufacturers it so that's the first "no thanks" for me. Also, the small bag is 23" inches in height, a full inch too big for both DL and AA who have max carry-on dimensions of 22x14x9 (including the wheels), so that's the second "no thanks".  Both bags are fairly heavy empty, so there's my third strike. Fourth strike is the wheels themselves. Those sit up so high they're just begging to get snapped off while riding around on a baggage cart or conveyor belt. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 Thank you, thank you! ha! Just couldn't get it to work when I tried to post the photos. They are really cute.

I don't care for the hard-sided either, but others might be, so I wanted to let them know about this set. I think the only time I might consider a hard side suitcase is if I am carrying lots of breakable items, like when I go to Madrid for Llardo porcelain pieces. Haven't done that in quite sometime, but if I do it again, I will just borrow someone else's luggage.

Thanks again!

Esteemed Contributor

I thought it looked cheap - and those wheels - just waiting to snap off.  No thanks.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

i have owned hard sided luggage before and believe it or not, the baggage handlers managed to put HOLES and big dents in the corners. after those incidences i decided against the hard sided luggage. another downside is is that i am already a heavy packer, LOL, so i dont need any extra weight. Smiley Wink

believe me, i was tempted by the sets......they would be cute for my road travels.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 My thought was that the luggage would bring more attention to me than I want when traveling. But they made me smile.

I didn't even check the weight or the dimensions; just thought they were so darn cute! 

What I did like was the built-in TSA lock that fits flat on (within) the side of the luggage. I wish all luggage companies went that way. Would love to do away with the locks.

Respected Contributor

I did see the luggage set, and while it is a really fun set, I think it is too expensive.  Plus, I prefer a hard suitcase that I check, but a soft carry-on for those little extras.  So, I never need a set of two suit cases.

I find that I can usually squish my carry-on to fit under the seat and then there are so many advantages to this method (don't delay or inconvenience others, easy access for the items I need at an arm's reach).

I do think this set is fun, but it just work work for the way I prefer to travel.

Honored Contributor

@jpie Back many, many years ago, Samonsite was THE luggage brand to have and I had every piece/size in burgundy. They were hard sided back then. But I had to change to the soft because of the type of places I traveled to. For instance, the various safaris I have gone on require soft sided luggage. They need to be able to squish/stuff the luggage in the jeeps and also on the small four-passenger planes we have taken between camp sites.

When I stopped using the Samsonite pieces, they still looked brand new. I donated them to some charity, who probably didn't want them because the wheels were very, very small and were only on one end of the pieces. Times have changed!

Same with my sister's set, looked nice for years. She would put patches on them from the various countries she had traveled to. Can't remember the last time I saw people do that. Same with car bumpers. People used to put the patches/decals from the different national parks or landmarks they had been to. My, my, I am aging myself! ha!

Honored Contributor

I bought hard-ish sided luggage this last round.  It has a bit of flex to it and it's super light weight, but I wanted something I can wipe off easily and will not get wet inside when they leave it out on the tarmack in the rain.

Been there too many times on the puddle jumper flights.  My luggage spends more time outdoors and I do ..

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN