Esteemed Contributor

Lug - Quilted Puddle Jumper Wheelie advice for carry-on

Wondering if it can be carried on plane.  I am not all that tall and will have a hard time lifting it above my head.  Wondering if I should just check it. Anyone bring lugs aboard with wheels. Wondering if it is too big and will need to check it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lug - Quilted Puddle Jumper Wheelie advice for carry-on

@bonnielu wrote:

Wondering if it can be carried on plane.  I am not all that tall and will have a hard time lifting it above my head.  Wondering if I should just check it. Anyone bring lugs aboard with wheels. Wondering if it is too big and will need to check it.

If you read the questions and answers right on the QVC item page, there are plenty of relevant answers for you. The LUG puddle jumper wheelie will fit in overhead carry-on compartments , but not under the seat.  If you can’t lift it above your head, you would not be comfortable carrying it on, or you’d need help for overhead stowing. Tucking under the seat is not going to work.

here’s the page, read the Q & A from people who already own that luggage.

http://www.qvc.com/Lug---Quilted-Puddle-Jumper-Wheelie.product.F12498.html?

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu I recently purchased the quilted PJ Wheelie and plan to use it as a carry-on for my trip to Japan in March. I wasn't planning on using it underneath the seat in front of me, but I will put it in the overhead bin.

Love the look of it and am eager to put it to the test on its first trip! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I have the wheeled puddle jumper and fly with it on a smaller planes.  It does fit into an overhead.  If it is fully-packed, you may have to really heave it up there and be careful taking it down.  You can simply ask for help and then you won't have to check it.  It's a great bag to have next to you at the gate to put all of the little chargers, devices, etc.  You cannot put it under the seat - too big with the wheels.

Esteemed Contributor

Looking for my old post of this topic.  Really want to take this bag on American Airlines and  put it overhead.  However I do have the same bag with no wheels.  Wondering if anyone has tried that one out under the seat.  

Why under the seat.  What is my obsession?  Long flight whole day or whole evening.  I want to be able to reach  my stuff easily.  I am five feet tall and want to have my cell, my tablet, any other fun stuff like snacks within reach.  I want to be comfy and secure in what I have and know it is all reachable.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu.  When I flew to Australia I brought a bigger canvas bag with a closure and strap that can go over the shoulder. I needed books, snacks, devices, sweater, etc for the long flight. No problem squishing under the seat in front of me or just on the floor by my feet or under my feet for a footstool.

Regular Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Looking for my old post of this topic.  Really want to take this bag on American Airlines and  put it overhead.  However I do have the same bag with no wheels.  Wondering if anyone has tried that one out under the seat.  

Why under the seat.  What is my obsession?  Long flight whole day or whole evening.  I want to be able to reach  my stuff easily.  I am five feet tall and want to have my cell, my tablet, any other fun stuff like snacks within reach.  I want to be comfy and secure in what I have and know it is all reachable.  

My husband and I both use the Puddle Jumper without wheels as our personal item on flights.  It fits under the seat on all the follow.......Jet Blue, Frontier, SW, Quantas, Air Tahiti Nui, and Jetstar.  It is the best bag we have owned for flying.