Honored Contributor

I am all about cubes and envelopes.

I have various shapes and sizes.  I like the envelopes for outfit changes on work trips because the envelope fits in my rolling laptop case better.

I will pack my return flight outfit in an envelope and put it in my laptop bag and change in the bathroom at work, put the envelop with my work clothes back in the suitcase before heading to the airport.

I also convert a cube for dirty clothes somewhere during the trip.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Bohemian Collector, I would advise you to read some of the reviews on Ebags (whether you purchase from them or someone else). I use them so that my suitcase is not a black hole. Some swear by rolling the clothing article (see Travel Fashion Girl blog), some fold. Some put in one outfit in each bag, some color code for each family member. I think you will figure out how they will best suit your needs. Maybe buy one and see how it will work for you. Ebags has different configurations.

Respected Contributor

I've used mine twice and not sure about them.  I'm not sure why.   They seem to be more 'trouble' : remembering what's in which cube, what to do with clothes once worn, zipping and unzipping etc.   I might light the envelopes better.  One or two outfits in each.  i don't know.   I looked for an assorment of colors in the same size but couldn't find that.  Might like those better.   Tops in blue.   Pants in red.  underwear in yellow etc.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector  The cubes do keep your clothing from getting all wrinkled, provided they are packed full so that the clothing does not move and shift.  The folders/envelopes work with one item or 10.  Clothing stays smooth in them.

i like them because you can pack the cubes, upside down, backward and sideways. You can get more into your suitcase that way wrinkle free.

Also, if the TSA has to go through your luggage, they won't be touching every article of clothing....happened to us, especially my DH, especially for foreign travel.

They are a bit expensive. I have e-bag the brand and some name brands as well...no difference in quality.

Sometimes they are less expensive on e-bay.

Honored Contributor

Love packing cubes and packing envelopes!  Recommend them all the time.  Glad you are enjoying yours.  Have a good trip!

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I've used mine twice and not sure about them.  I'm not sure why.   They seem to be more 'trouble' : remembering what's in which cube, what to do with clothes once worn, zipping and unzipping etc.   I might light the envelopes better.  One or two outfits in each.  i don't know.   I looked for an assorment of colors in the same size but couldn't find that.  Might like those better.   Tops in blue.   Pants in red.  underwear in yellow etc.

I'm missing out. I roll and use every nook and cranny of my bag. I even use the inside of shoes. Most of my travel clothing can withstand smooshing. If the bottom of the bag was flat I can visualize the cubes but my bags have bars that protrude into the space? I can definitely see a soft sided duffel would be good for cubes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Boehm Collector  The cubes do keep your clothing from getting all wrinkled, provided they are packed full so that the clothing does not move and shift.  The folders/envelopes work with one item or 10.  Clothing stays smooth in them.

i like them because you can pack the cubes, upside down, backward and sideways. You can get more into your suitcase that way wrinkle free.

Also, if the TSA has to go through your luggage, they won't be touching every article of clothing....happened to us, especially my DH, especially for foreign travel.

They are a bit expensive. I have e-bag the brand and some name brands as well...no difference in quality.

Sometimes they are less expensive on e-bay.

Thank you @Carmie!!

Trusted Contributor

Count me in as another fan of packing cubes! I buy them from eBags when they have a sale (they're always having sales) and have also bought them as gifts. I can pack more into my bags, and everything is organized. When I'm looking for something, I no longer unpack my whole bag and simply pull out the cube I need. I also think my clothes are less wrinkled now that I use the cubes. 

My son and I have different colors so that it's easy to see whose stuff is whose, especially when we share a bag. I like the small ones for putting earphones, chargers, moleskin, band-aids, Bonine, etc. so that the small things stay together. 

Trusted Contributor

OP here. I am reconfiguring what goes in what cube as our 2 week trip draws to an end. I am shifting tops around and using one of the medium sized cubes for tops previously worn. Ditto for panties/socks. I had bought a laundry bag for worn clothing items, but it was too big and proved bulky and cumbersome to pack. Now I’m all neat and tidy.

Honored Contributor

For me, they are really great for when TSA has to open your suitcase.  Everything is in an envelope or a cube, unless it's something like my electric tea kettle.

I also like it for when I get to the airport and need to find something in my suitcase or open my suitcase for some reason.  Everything doesn't fall out when you open it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN