Super Contributor

I was in NYC Jan. of 2020.  NYC is my favorite place to be.  I don't care if I ever see another ocean, mountain or island --- just take me to NY.  Anyway, me and  my traveling partner-- my niece--- always go at least once or twice a year.  I was getting sick before we left---got worse while there---then my niece was getting sick going home.  I honestly believe I had Covid then---before it was ever heard of.  I had all symptons---had to go to Dr. 3 times--it lasted well over a month -she wanted to put me in the hospital because my oxygen was so low but the hospital was full.  Anyway, sick or not---I was glad to be there!  Now I don't know when we will return.  It makes me sad!

Honored Contributor

My last major trip was September 2017 when I went to England, Wales, and Scotland.  Was gone for about 3 weeks.  Enjoyed the trip but was glad to get home.  Was supposed to go to Kenya and Tanzania in July 2020 but that didn't happen, postponed to July 2021 and thats not happening so now going July 2022.  I'll get there eventually!

This past October my DD and I rented an AirBnB in Jenner, CA which is along the coast north of San Francisco.  We were there for 4 days and it was perfect.  We hadn't done a Mom/Daughter trip in a long time.  Weather was perfect, we saw whales, visited lots of beaches, and the sunsets were spectacular.  It was wonderful.

Nothing planned for 2021.

Trusted Contributor

My last trip was April 2019.  I chaperoned a high school trip to Rome, Sorrento & the Amalfi coast, including Capri.  We had a busload of 44 students in grades 9 thru 12.  Believe it or not, even with the chaperoning, it was a wonderful trip.  It was educational, but the students had a blast.

The weather was much more warmer than we were expecting so we took the students to the beach in Sorrento one afternoon.  We toured the Amalfi coast, took a boat ride, visited Capri ... I got to see PositanoWoman Very Happy!

In April 2020, our trip was to be Greece and Venice.  Obviously that did not happen; it was postponed to April 2021.  Now rescheduled for April 2022. We will fly into Athens, then depart on a four-day cruise of the Greek islands - Kusadasi, Rhodes, Santorini & Mykonos, return to Athens and then fly to Venice. Really looking forward to it!

Super Contributor

@Puppy Lips We went to South Africa for the second time in August 2019! We loved every minute of it. I don't think I saw a leopard on either trip, though. 

Super Contributor

We've taken 3 trips during this pandemic, to be totally honest. My husband and I both work outside of the home and have contact with people other than our family all the time. We also live in an urban area and pass plenty of people just walking the dog! So, for us a vacation in a place that is not crowded actually seems safer than our everyday lives. 

Our last trip was a hiking trip in Tennessee in the fall. 

Honored Contributor

Dh and I went on several camping trips throughout last summer and fall if you want to count those.  LOL  We have our own camper so even when we went with a group of people, no one gathered inside 1 camper, we were outside together and then went inside by ourselves.

My last real trip was over Labor Day weekend in 2019 when I was on a girls trip to Napa.

DH and I had a cruise booked for April, 2020 that was obviously canceled.  

Valued Contributor

What a great thread. 

Last trip was our first ocean cruise in June 2019 to Scandinavia.  Norway was beautiful and sailing a fjord spectacular.  DH and I are retired but the cruise was so relaxing I kept thinking we should have done this for vacations from work.  Last year we cancelled a trip to Hawaii to visit DH's family and rescheduled a Christmas Market cruise on the Danube from 2020 to 2021 and just last month moved it to 2022.  Hope we get to do that one.

Occasional Contributor
@proudly from nj - where did you stay in Cape Cod? I'm planning a vacation for next year and your beach house sounds exactly like what I want. Anybody else have any suggestions?
Honored Contributor

@Bertha19 wrote:
@proudly from nj - where did you stay in Cape Cod? I'm planning a vacation for next year and your beach house sounds exactly like what I want. Anybody else have any suggestions?

@Bertha19   Eastham. 

Respected Contributor

I have a house at the beach so I have been there a couple of times since March 2020 but our last real vacation was Christmas/New Years 2019 to Paris and London.  My daughter was studying abroad at Cambridge so we visited her at school and she joined us to visit the other two cities.  It was a great trip but my youngest DD was sick most of the trip so she stayed in the hotel most of the time which was a bummer. 

I am already planning (in my head) our next few trips.  I am thinking spring break 2022 somewhere tropical.  Some place we have never been like Turks and Cacaos or St John.  Then for spring break 2023 I would like to take a river cruise on the Rhine.  DH and oldest DD were going to go to Scotland and Ireland when she graduated from Cambridge but that trip had to be cancelled due to the pandemic so I am hoping that they will be able to re-schedule that trip.  DD and I went to Greece together when she graduated from George Washington as an undergraduate so the trip with DH and DD was supposed to be a daddy/daughter getaway trip for her graduation from graduate school at Cambridge.