Respected Contributor

Any suggestions for mustdo or see places?Will be there in July- thank you!

Honored Contributor

We were there last year and are going back again this year also in July.  Last year we took the 2 hour boat cruise on the lake and a tour of Fort William Henry. 

This year we will take another boat cruise on the lake--there are several--and will meet friends there for lunch at a restaurant they recommended--Caldwell House.

It is a very enjoyable place to spend a couple of days.

Have fun!

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

We were there last year and are going back again this year also in July.  Last year we took the 2 hour boat cruise on the lake and a tour of Fort William Henry. 

This year we will take another boat cruise on the lake--there are several--and will meet friends there for lunch at a restaurant they recommended--Caldwell House.

It is a very enjoyable place to spend a couple of days.

Have fun!

we used to go every year when I was young , they used to have 2 amusement parks ,  one was Storytown and the other gaslight village .  I know they since closed back I think in the 80's.   

we Love the boat cruises , Caldwell house is good !   It's a beautiful place to spend a few days as you said .

Respected Contributor

Saratoga Race Track if a fun way to spend a few hours. About 30 minutes away

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Saratoga Race Track if a fun way to spend a few hours. About 30 minutes away

@Janey2 @I have to agree Saratoga is a wonderful race track although now that I've read and discovered so much about how the horses are treated and not just there , others tracks as well,   so many horses dying.   I can't in good conscience go to a race track ever again. It's all about the money not the horses .   We used to go to Saratoga every year in August the month they are open and so enjoyed being there.   Not anymore .   Sorry didn't mean to get all negative on your post .  I'm just very passionate about the poor horses.