Respected Contributor

Hi all.  I'm pretty new to Lug.  I purchased the Convertible Crossbody bag and like it so much that I sent one to my sister.  I would never wear it around my waist but it's great as a crossbody. For the size, I can't believe how much it holds.

I just added to my collection and got the ACE for my upcoming trip to Alaska.  Fabulous bag.  Someone on the boards suggested I check out Ebags and their version has small protective feet on the bottom,  is priced better and has no shipping or tax.   I really love the bag and can't wait to use it.  There are such smart zippered compartments on the outside, which I always love when I travel for mags, travel paperwork, phone (and the special phone slot fits my Iphone 6 plus).  This is the bag with the insulated compartment, which you can use for anything.  It looks like it's well made and has decent zippers.  Time will tell!  I got the black with the blue and yellow trim.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@World Traveler

My brother in law is doing a Japan trip through OAT.  Not sure when but will let you know what he says about it.  He usually travels in the Fall so that may be when he's going.

@JudyL Oh, definitely let me know about your brother-in-law's trip to Japan thru OAT. They always do a bang-up job with their tours (that will be my 14th with them!), but I would love for him to post on our forum about the trip, or at the very least, send you the information and you post it for him. I don't know anyone who has used OAT to go there, so would love to know the details. 

I was reading up on the trip last night and it is very specific about letting you know that the rooms in Japan are much smaller than what we have for hotel rooms in the U.S. I think they averaged around 110 square feet.

And it talked about being able to walk around five miles a day. I love to walk and am happy to know there will be a lot of that, but that's the first time I have seen that many miles on one of their trips. Usually see 2-3 miles a day. This will be good exercise! YAY!

Honored Contributor

@gacat123 I was VERY impressed with the Halo. It didn't take long to do the initial charge on it and when I used it once, it quickly charged my iPhone.

I take it along only when I know there may be a delay (doctor's office, etc.) and I use that waiting time to play games on my phone.

I know it will use it on my trip, waiting in airports. It will make it easier to charge than looking for outlets or charging ports.

When I was in Florida in March, waiting at the airport, all the outlets were taken. So it would have been nice if I had the Halo then. I just made sure I conserved the use of the phone. But now, with the Halo, I don't have to do that.

Am wondering if I should get another one. They don't take up that much room.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

Which Halo is it?  I have one but its kinda big and bulky. 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

Well I can guarantee my BIL won't post in our forum.  Nothing against any of you, it's just not his thing.  Will try and get some info about the trip out of him, however, we don't always get along and I do try to avoid him as much as possible.  Will still try tho and see what I can find out.  I'll email him and at least find out when he's going.

On my Ireland trip last year there were 3 people that had taken the OAT Japan trip and they said it was exhausting and too strenuous.  Maybe they weren't walkers.  Knowing you from this forum, I'd say you have more of an adventurous spirit than these people so you'll probably do fine.  But I would say start building your stamina now!  LOL

Valued Contributor

@JudyL 

look over at halo on qvc they have a few smaller chargers on special.

the two set I purchased is like small flash light size. I see they have small flat square size on the halo page and I think this is what  world traveler is using.

keep calm and travel on,

CAT

Valued Contributor

@JudyL

I seem to recall you getting the pack cubes from amazon and price was not bad. 

Did you you get a carry on from amazon? My DH just came in from Denver trip and the handle is  now cranky when retracting on his  OLD Swiss brand carry on! Time to replace!

if you got a carry on from amazon how is it working? We are now in research mode.

he recently found a very small wheeled tote to replace his shoulder tote which was quite heavy and used for laptop and iPad  and other carry on essentials. It is an American Tourister found at local Target. He will check out the AT carry on bags at Target.

keep calm and travel on,

CAT

Honored Contributor

@JudyL E229308 - 3000 mAh Powerpatch. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@World Traveler

On my Ireland trip last year there were 3 people that had taken the OAT Japan trip and they said it was exhausting and too strenuous.  Maybe they weren't walkers.  Knowing you from this forum, I'd say you have more of an adventurous spirit than these people so you'll probably do fine.  But I would say start building your stamina now!  LOL

@JudyL Duly noted! LOL!!! I do go to the gym three times a week, so hopefully that will make it easier for me. 

Don't worry about contacting your brother-in-law. I understand. I like to read other people's posts about their trips, but maybe I will be the FIRST with posts from Japan. Heart

Honored Contributor

First - review on my little wallet for my new LUG bag - think it'll work fine for travel.  Its one of those little accordian type wallets with RFID.  I put it and my phone in the main compartment of the LUG bag and it'll work.  Not much else will fit in there tho.  LOL  So will keep the LUG bag and work around the phone/pocket issue.  Will give it a good test drive in NYC in a couple weeks.

@gacat123 - I did get the packing cubes from Amazon and while I can't remember the price, I don't remember them being all that much and they had pretty colors too!  Will be using them again soon.  Also did get a carry-on from Amazon but haven't used it yet.  Was going to use it last Christmas when I went to Ohio but realized it wasn't going to work for that trip so didn't use it.

@World Traveler

Don't worry about my BIL - I emailed him and I'm sure he'll respond.  We get along fine for short periods of time or through email.  LOL  Its long family gatherings that can get trying.