Honored Contributor

@World Traveler  That is my favorite phrase as well!

It was meant to be on this trip.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Hey, everyone! The confetti blue Lug Ace arrived, just in time for the trip.

I took it out of the bag, keeping my fingers crossed that they sent the right color - check; that the lining of the insulated part and interior panel are intact - check; that it will hold everything I need to put in it - check; and that I am super happy that I got it - check, check, check!

NOW I can leave on my trip. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I wanted to let you all know that the Lug Ace, confetti blue, was a GREAT bag to take. I used it as my personal item, along with my Lori Greiner Weekender as my carry-on for my trip to London.

The Ace carried everything I wanted to put in it for the flight. I love how the pockets are organized and especially appreciated the soft pocket for my iPhone 7. Very handy!

I still do not completely agree with the 3/4 closure on two of the front panels. I would prefer more access; however, they did hold everything I wanted to put in that area.

The only thing I would say when I think back to the presentations is that the vendor, Ami, makes it look so easy to put things in and out of those front panels. In my case, I had put so much stuff in the main compartment, that the front panels were not that easy to get into. Those panels became much more tight to get things from and put into because I overloaded in the main compartment. I would not necessarily have that much in the bag other than when I am on the plane, so it should not be a problem for all other uses.

Got out my Lug Can Can to take on a walk around London today. Have already used the item for day hikes at home and am sure I will enjoy it just as much on this trip.

Also used my Lug KickFlip 2 as my main wallet for this trip. I could get it in the Can Can if I really wanted to, but am trying not to so I have room for my camera and other essentials. Been trying to take the hand strap off the KickFlip, but am having difficulty. It is supposed to come off if you desire, but the clip to keep it attached is hard to get to on mine. You almost have to bust open a seam to get at the claw clamp closure.

Overall, though, I must say that I am even more of a Lug Nut now, and am sure I will be purchasing more of them in the future.

Honored Contributor

@gacat123 WHAT??? There is a sale on Lug and you did not tell me? You are slipping! LOL!!!

Went on the website to post my travels for today and on the front screen was the Lug Wheelie for $109.94 instead of $169.80. You are usually the one to point out the sales to me on Lug products. Ha!

Hmmmmmmm.....they have it in camo ice. Will I, or will I pass? Smiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Hmmmmmmm.....they have it in camo ice. Will I, or will I pass? Smiley Surprised

Just remember to consider the airlines you typically fly and what the overhead dimensions are.  Airline may not catch you, but I believe it is technically too large for some.  The presenter kind of sidestepped the question.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego I checked the size on the QVC website (see! I have already taken the first step in purchasing it!), and it says 21". Supposedly, that is okay, but I know it is cutting it close. But if I keep going Business Class (ha!), I had a whole overhead bin to myself! Smiley LOL  I could have put my checked luggage up there, along with my carry-on and my Lug Ace. There was so much room up there.

Valued Contributor

The Pontoon is on clearance as well for 79.24.

One thing I did not know until after ordering the smaller one, is that there is a larger Via 3 in 1 Travel Bag. I think I may cancel the smaller one and order the big one. 

Honored Contributor

@Ilovetea So......what did you end up doing? Big Via or small Via? I watched the video and did not like how the bigger Via hung on the back of the models. Maybe because they are empty. They seem to stick out more.

The Pontoon is tempting at a clearance price.

Valued Contributor

• World Traveler wrote:

@Ilovetea So......what did you end up doing? Big Via or small Via? I watched the video and did not like how the bigger Via hung on the back of the models. Maybe because they are empty. They seem to stick out more.

The Pontoon is tempting at a clearance price.

I still ordered the big one but was not able to cancel the smaller one in time. I do not like the look of the big Via as a backpack at all, empty or filled it looks awkward. When I am traveling, as long as it holds everything I need and is as compact as possible I can live with it being awkward  As a regular carry or crossbody bag it looks fine. In all probability, will use it with a fold up cart I got years ago on a Hawaii trip where the wheels fold flat. It looks to be a perfectly sized carry on bag which should fit under a seat easily. I will make up my my mind about what to keep after I see both of them. 

Honored Contributor

I saw the Pontoon was on sale the other day.  Watched the video presentation a few times but decided not to get it cuz one of the answered questions on the website was that it was too big to go under the seat that it needed to go in the overhead.  Since I already have a LUG that I can use for the overhead bin, decided not to get another.  But I sure did like it!

My search for the perfect carry-on, under the seat, hold everything I want bag continues....