Honored Contributor

@JudyL Hey, there! Good to see your post. We've missed you! Heart

I purchased the Can Can specifically for this summer's trip; however, I have been using it for weekend hiking and other "about town" excursions, just to make sure I want to take it for the full six weeks.

I love it! @gacat123 is always turning me on to new Lug items, and this one is definitely on the top of the list she has suggested for me. I love that it has a side area that unfolds so you can stick a water bottle in it. Probably the number one feature that drew me to it. And if you don't want to use that, that area is not sticking out unnecessarily. It just folds/closes up.

Inside I was able to put in a pretty good sized wallet, keys, cell phone, pack of gum, and a small pack of tissues. That's about all I need to have if I want to carry something light.

I got it in the camo, of course! And I know I will use it every day while in the British Isles.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

Thanks for the review!  I think I may just get it for the NYC trip.  I thought I heard that there are some RFID card slots in it?  Is that true?  The wallet/purse thing that I use on other trips I bought from Magellans and it doesn't have room for a water bottle - obviously - and anything other than a phone and wallet stuff - cards and money - not much else fits in it.  Have a feeling in NYC, I'm going to want to have more room for tissues, water bottle, stuff like that.  Is there a small pocket to put a camera battery so its a bit protected?  Now to decide which one - I like the blue cammo but also like the blue or black dot.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL The Can Can is RFID protected inside, but there are no credit card slots. It has three outside zippered pockets, and another pocket that has no zipper.

Inside there is a non-zippered pocket, along with the regular interior space.

I put my Lug Kickflip inside the Can Can, which makes it a little tight.

The Can Can may be worn crossbody or looped into a belt.

Yes, there is a small pocket for the camera battery; in fact, there is a flap on the outside that lays over two of the pockets, with a magnetic closure, so that would be a nice safe, but handy, place for the battery.

I am quite pleased with it!

Any of the colors are great; I even considered the polka dot, but went with the black camo

Any time @gacat123 notifies me, I'm afraid to go to her post. She is such a tease when it comes to Lug items, and she knows I can't say no very well! ha! I'm quite simply a Lug Nut!

Let us know what you decide. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

Was having trouble deciding between the blue dot or the navy cammo but after thinking about it a while longer and looking at the pictures, I decided on the navy cammo.  Will let you know when it arrives and what I think of it!

Valued Contributor

I caved and ordered the new Wings bag. Love it. The only things I don't like are the picture area on the flap and the shoulder strap could be better. It rivals the Streetcar for function. 

Valued Contributor

@Ilovetea 

Do let us know what you think of the new LUG  Wings Bag!  What color did you order?

You could use that *photo* space for about anything but pictures if you like.  ?? 

Affirmations,  Scenes  out of a magazine you like, pretty note cards cut down if needed.  Favorite Sports Team LOGO?  $ CASH $  (small bills of course)   Gift Cards ?  Pics of your pets or pretty flowers?  Business Cards?  ID Info? Emergency Phone numbers? 

I have a U of  ALABAMA luggage tag hanging off my hand bag and it IS a conversation starter. <G> ROLL TIDE! 

I have a clear page finder thingy in my compact  Franklin Planner that I fixed up with two messages on either side that I got off a sales card that came in the mail GET ORGANIZED! 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

Well the Can Can LUG bag arrived and I am not all that impressed.  My phone won't fit in any of the outside pockets, which is a must for me.  So that means it has to go in the main compartment which is where my wallet will have to go.  With those 2 things in there, there's not a whole lot of room for anything else.  The only good thing about the outside pockets is the water holder, otherwise, the pockets don't seem all that much good for anything.   Will try playing with it a bit tonight but not sure I'll keep it, doesn't seem like it'll work for me.

Judy

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Oh, so sorry. Smiley Sad I still have the iPhone 5, which is quite a bit smaller than the newer ones, so that wasn't an issue with me. But it is important to be able to get to the phone easily, and being able to use an outside pocket for it would be best.

What about your batteries; did you find a spot that was satisfactory in the Can Can for those? However, even if you did, the phone thing is pretty major. 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

I played around with the purse and my stuff last night and it looks like I'll be able to make it work - really need it to work for my upcoming NYC trip.  It just won't be ideal and the way I like my purses to work.  But if I use it just for travel then, hopefully, it'll be ok.  It'll be a good test for the England trip.

By the way, yesterday I cancelled my pre-reservation for next April's Spain/Portugal trip.  GCT was very understanding when I explained that with our current administration I'm just not comfortable travelling overseas and while I will go on the England trip this summer, I don't feel comfortable bookng anymore trips until I see where the country is headed.  The woman said I am not the only person who has called in to cancel for that very reason and I won't be the last.  Made me feel a little better that other people feel the way I do.

So after England, I will stay home for a while and save my money.

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler 

I see you have an I-Phone 5 and I do too!  My Son upgraded to a 6 PLUS and I aquired his  5 which is fine with me and the price was right! <G>    

OK...  I did not have a case for this phone and found one that is very cool you may want to check out. ??   PLOW AND HEARTH  # 5 5 4 6 2   I Phone Utility Case w/Tool Set  

It fits I Phone 5 and 5S.   It reminds me of a  Swiss Army Knife , slots in back of phone.  

TSA Compliant with 2 pens, 2 screwdrivers, nail file, tweezers, scissors and toothpick.   

Totally CUTE I must say.  <G>

Color is a clear silicone  with  TEAL handles or BLACK handles on tiny tools. 

REG Price is $49.95 now on clearance for $9.97 !    

My Son has a case that has a credit card area on the back and no longer carries a wallet which works for him.   

You may not be looking for an I-Phone case but I am posting this in case other travel folks may be interested.   

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT