Honored Contributor

Re: LUG TSV is today the 26th NOT the 28th

@gacat123 wrote:

@World Traveler 

WELL I can take absolutely no credit for this LUG NUT decision!  <G>  

Looks like a good  *DEAL*  I will admit! 

Do let us know what you think after it arrives. 

DH is also shopping for a new carry-on with spinny wheels. His current SWISS bag is showing wear and tear and the handle not retracting time to time.EEK!   He likes his American Tourister wheeled  computer bag he found at Target a few months ago and may go with the larger carry on spinny wheel bag.   He used my RED! Swiss Bag on his recent business trip.  

should you request the faster snail mail on the LUG?  I know it costs more but may get to you faster?  just a shipping idea to consider of course... 

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

@gacat123 I thought about the expedited shipping, but the snail mail is supposed to arrive June 7. If that happens, I'm okay with that. I leave June 20. 

And I know, I can't blame you this time. LOL!!! I thought about that. You are usually the investigator. But I know you will be blamed soon enough......whenever the next Lug special is presented! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL I haven't checked closely for differences. I don't have any of the Puddle Jumpers (backpack, wheelie, etc.), so this will be my first try at the style.

They did say that the TSV had no-slip grips on the straps and then there is the RFID in the front pocket, etc. There is a removable plastic pouch, but I have plenty of those from other Lori Greiner products. Those are the only differences I can think of. I have only watched one of the presentations. When I get off work today, I am going to watch all of them to see what other tidbits I might hear that make it unique. I taped them all.

But the main thing is that you get TWO for a very good price. If you don't need two, you can gift the other one. But I like the idea of being able to fold it inside and use it if needed when heading home.

Who knows....when I get it, I may not like it as much as I think I will. Since it has not shipped yet, I still probably have until tomorrow to change my mind without losing the shipping cost to return.

What are you going to do?

Edited to add: I just noticed that the main bag is 2.5 pounds; the second one is 9 ounces. So until I see another presentation tonight, I don't know if the difference is due to less pockets or the material for the second one is lighter. Quite a difference in weight. The only presentation I watched, early this morning, did not say anything about differences in features between the two.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler

2lbs, 5 oz, to me sounds like a lot when you figure all the stuff you add to it.  I know my backpack doesn't weigh that much.  When I travel I put my camera in its case with extra batteries, chargerm etc. and put that whole thing in my backpack so it adds quite a bit of weight.  Plus then I have my reading material, medications, extra set of under garments and who knows what else may get thrown in.  So my backpack can get heavy.  So this bag may get pretty heavy too.  Something for me to consider.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Got home from work and watched another full presentation. The way it was described is that the second one is without the reinforcement (structure) of the 2 pound, 5 oz one. So that explains why they can fold it up. They did say the outside material of the packable is the same as the main bag. 

The video I watched said the blue was the most limited. Glad I grabbed it when I did.

Let us know what you decide.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL The presentation also showed the Puddle Jumper Wheelie. That was one that tempted me when it was a TSV (I think) many months ago. But I have the Lori Greiner Weekender, which I feel is going to be perfect on the cruise to the Baltic Sea in July. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL I may cancel the order. Look what one reviewer said about this, a reviewer who preordered this.

5 out of 5

"...........But, please, on the carry-all and all your other bags any pocket larger than a mini pocket should be able to be locked (i.e. 2 zipper toogles vs one). Many times have to check at a hotel or museum cloakroom and have had things stolen as could not lock the pockets."

Remember, this was the reason I didn't end up taking the Propeller to Europe with me last summer? I like to lock my carry-on stuff if I leave it in the hotel for the day and just want to use the Can-Can or Kickflip2. Smiley Sad

Do you think she is referring to the main compartment too? I don't mind that the smaller ones can't be locked, but the main compartment is important.

The other part of her review was all positive.
Honored Contributor

They just indicated there are 250 left of the blue.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

I would imagine you can't lock it so if thats an issue for you, then you might want to reconsider.  It didn't bother me that the Propeller bag couldn't be locked and I had no issues when I took it to Ireland.  Although, I did, when leaving the hotel room, put anything of value that was in my Propeller into my suitcase and locked it.  

I'm probably not going to get it but will watch the presentation at 7:00pm my time.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Love the Propeller, but use that just for going to the gym, which I can put in the locker. Want something that locks for travel.

At the same hour, they were showing the Puddle Jumper Wheelie, which they made mention that it locked. But like I indicated, I have the Lori Greiner Weekender; otherwise, I would get the Wheelie from Lug.

QVC cart is empty. So glad I read that review before having to pay the postage to return it.

Let us know if you decide to go ahead and get it after watching the 7pm presentation. Hopefully, there will still a blue one for you (mine!). Smiley Happy

Do love all the wonderful colors and designs that Lug is coming out with, with their various styles and models. Such a fun designer!

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

I almost caved but the blue sold out, then the other one I liked - the gray - sold out, then I thought about the walnut but decided not to get one and just use my backpack.  I still really like it tho.