Honored Contributor

Re: LUG TSV is today the 26th NOT the 28th

@World Traveler

I orderd the Clarks Lexi Venice in navy.  Which Cloud Stepper did you buy?  I don't remember that TSV.

One of the things I liked about the Parachute was its depth.  I know my camera bag will definitely fit.

I had thought about taking sandals on the trip but, like you, I need more support.

It will be interesting to see how many people will be on my trip come August.  England, Wales, and Scotland all use the pound and not the Euro, correct?  If so, that will make it easier when using cash.  Last year in Ireland we had to switch from pound to euro when we left Northern Ireland.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler  Good morning.   Sorry I haven't replied sooner.  Just want you to know that I checked my Ace bag and all is sewn down.  There are no loose liners in my bag.  Also,  as for the zipper stopping at a certain point and not continuing the arch...   it actually works really well, especially when you have the bag over your left shoulder.  You enter that compartment from the right,  which you would do if it were on your left shoulder, and I thought it was actually pretty nice having the zipper stop at that point.  It was like a little bumper for my papers and things,  yet because the zipper opened on a curve on the right side,  I had such easy access to everything.   The insulated lining is holding up fine so far...  but as I mentioned,  I only keep make up, vitamins,  some hard candy,  etc in that section.     4 more weeks and it will be road tested again for over 2 weeks.  This one will be quite the test!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL wrote:

@nyc1 Thanks for all the info on the bag.  Like you, I probably wouldn't use the insulated part for much but would like to know how that part of the bag is holding up for you.

@World Traveler

Please let us know what you think of it when it arrives.  I still haven't caved - yet.

@JudyL

@World Traveler

Hi ...   I just posted a reply to WT a few mins ago.  SOrry I've been away for a few days.  My insulated section is holding up well, but I don't overload it.  Also,  the liner is sewn down.   Please see my earlier post.  I hope you like everything that you purchased.  It's all so individual when it comes to what works and what doesn't.

Hey...    can either of you recommend a Point and Shoot camera?  I desperately need one.   Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 Oh, thanks for the positive report on the bag regarding the lining and the insulation. I note that my Ace just shipped today; supposed to be here by the 13th.

I will be glad to check it all out, and totally agree with what you said about the 3/4 panel in front. That would make it a little more secure for getting into and out, and I normally carry the bag on my left shoulder. 

I will be gone by the time you get back and do your report on its use, but will check in frequently to see how your longer trip went with the bag. Also, I will report on my trip and the Ace, if I like it when it gets here next week and actually take it. 

Honored Contributor

@nyc1

Thanks for the great report on the ACE.  If I don't like the Parachute that I just ordered, ACE would be my next choice.  Will look forward to hearing how it holds up on your trip.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nyc1

Forgot to respond to your camea question - LOVE LOVE LOVE my Canons.  Think mine are called SX40  and SX60 (I know they are the 40 and 60 just not sure if its SX or S).  Took the SX40 with me to Africa 3 years ago and got great pictures.  Also took it to Ireland and NYC.  The reason I got the SX60 was because I wanted a little bit more zoom but the SX40 is great.  No changing lenses, just enough zoom when you want it or you can just point and shoot and the pictures turn out fabulous.  Easy to use too.  Can't miss with a Canon, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

Just checked - my Parachute bag shipped yesterday!  Wahoo!  If I'm lucky, I may get it by Friday, if not, Monday or Tuesday of next week. 

Valued Contributor

I received my first defective Lug bag.  The magnets for the outer flap are not lined up at all. There is a finger width between where the magnets are supposed to line up so they don't connect. The packable bag was what I expected and was nice for what it is. Also, I thought there was supposed to be a see through cosmetic bag with it and it was missing. I have the original Puddle Jumper and noticed one other difference I had not paid attention to before other than the phone pocket - the lower outside zip pocket is longer. While it is nice that it is longer, the original had a zippered area on the outside wall and also had some pen or mascara/eyeliner holders on that wall which made for good use of space.  They are out of Heather Gray or I might be trying for a replacement. I will be sending it back instead as too many of the reviews talk about the magnet issue. 

Honored Contributor

@Ilovetea

So sorry that your bag was defective!  Sounds like there was some quality and quality control issues with this TSV.

Valued Contributor

Re: Returning the Lug TSV

[ Edited ]

@JudyL

I am glad I checked it closer after reading the reviews. There was no need for me to use it yet so did not really look, but when noticed the missing cosmetic bag when I really looked. It was hard to believe the magnets were that far apart. It looks really nice in the Heather Gray, so sorry it had to go back.