Honored Contributor

LUG Puddle Jumper Travel Bag with Extra Bag

This was a TSV a couple months back.  Was just browsing through the LUG stuff and saw this again and I'm starting to give it a second glance.  Yes, I did buy an under the seat bag a few weeks ago.  Did anyone get this?  How do you like it? 

Honored Contributor

Re: LUG Puddle Jumper Travel Bag with Extra Bag

[ Edited ]

@JudyL I saw that too! I initially put it in my cart when it was a TSV, but pulled it out when I got to thinking about why would I want TWO when I can only take one with me on the plane? But it was a good deal as a TSV and not bad now.

If I remember correctly, the smaller, extra bag is not as heavy a material, which would be fine for things that don't need have that stronger outer protection. 

Super Contributor

I bought the berry color when it was the TSV. I like the packable PJ that came with it and use it to hang on the back of my mother's wheelchair when taking her places. It is very lightweight material and hangs real well whether carrying on my shoulder or drapers between the handles on mom's wheelchair. I will be using the PJ in the next couple of weeks when traveling. I also plan to use either the PJ or the Propeller on my next trip to WDW. The packable PJ will be used in WDW on mom's wheeelchair.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got the Puddle Jumper with travel bag when it was the TSV. I used both bags for my two cruises this summer. I am in love with this bag! It holds SOOOO much. I didn't have to pack anything in a suitcase...just the two bags. When the PJ2 was at a special price a few weeks ago, I ordered another one. This bag is just the best. I have also used it as a work bag for tutoring. I have since ordered the ACE, the Can Can, and the Carousel. These bags are just as Ami describes. Great organization and so cute!

Honored Contributor

Well I ordered the blue one.  I won't know if it'll work for me until I see it so figured I might as well get it.  If I don't think it'll work, I'll still have time to return it before I leave.  Don't think I'll use the extra bag for travel but may use it as a work tote bag.  

Regular Contributor

I ordered the set when it was a TSV.  Got the grey with the striped packable.  Already have a PJ in black frrom an ebags sale a while ago,  The packable isn't exactly the same.  Has no interior pockets or shoulder strap and is made of light wt. material so it can fold up into itself to become packable.  I like it.

The PJ's will be our carry-on for an upcoming trip to Tahiti, NZ, and Australia.   Should be able to carry in flight necessities as well as  change of clothes and toiletries.  The packable will be used as a day bag for trips to the Great Barrier Reef, etc.  Being water resistant and very light to carry is nice.   Can also be used as a laundry bag.

Honored Contributor

@Miss Shelly I hope you will consider posting your adventures to Tahiti, New Zealand, and Australia. I know others would enjoy reading about your trip too. Heart

Honored Contributor

YEA!  PuddleJumper shipped yesterday, the 15th, so should have early next week.  Will do a "dry run" so to speak before I leave and see how I like it.  Ordered the blue - not sure if I mentioned that.  At first didn't think I'd use the extra bag but someone here mentioned that they are going to use theirs as a day bag on their trip so may just do the same thing. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler  I will be happy to share Smiley Happy    This is a bucket list trip for my DH and I  stumbled upon a deal through Air Tahiti Nui on Travelzoo,   At 58 we aren't getting any younger so decided to do it  now.    I'm one of those who enjoys the planning almost as much as the trip itself and have been happitly scheduling flights, lodging, and activities.   Can't wait for Oct. to get here.

Super Contributor

The puddle jumper went with me to France in May and will go with me to Norway next week.  I love it and use it on the plane and in the car.  What makes it work for me?  All the pockets and loads of space.  I use it for those things I want handy with me:   iPad, battery , cords, book, snacks, tissue, travel docs, camera, umbrella, shawl, Toothbrush, hair brush, comb, a few cosmetics, tee shirt and panties in case my luggage is missing or late.   It also holds "goodies" on the way home that should be hand carried.   It really is worth giving a try.