Honored Contributor

LUG Mini Puddle Jumper

[ Edited ]

I know this bag and the larger one have been talked about a lot on this forum but the mini PJ is on sale and I'm looking at it a lot yet again.

Know a few of you have the mini and I'm wondering how its holding up for you.  In reading the reviews, some of them are saying after a few months, it starts falling apart.  Anyone have this or other issues with the bag after using it awhile?

Thanks!

Judy

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL I'm a Lug Nut and have both.  I was gifted the Mini for my bday in June.  I've used it on the daily commute since.  I am not easy on my bags (they take a beating, I over stuff them, etc).  I take public transportation so I & my bag are out in all elements.  The Mini is holding up great like all my other Lug bags.  No complaints.  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian  thank you!  Yes, your post does help because if I order one, I want to use it on my daily commute.  Just curious - which color did you get?

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I have TWO mini puddle jumpers and love, love, love them. I was using them both, alternating to go with my outfit for the day. Now I am alternating a smaller Lug bag on the days I am not packing my lunch in the mini PJ.

They have not fallen apart in any way, shape, or form. The zippers all work very well. The material is not tearing away from the bag. Cleans up nicely when I spill something on them. I get compliments on how cute they are and all the pockets.

There is a new bag they just presented a couple of days ago. Looks a little larger, more like a duffel bag, but fits under the seat in front of you on a plane or a commuter train, from what I can see. I was tempted, not because I need it, but the new ocean type color pattern is so, so cool! Looks like seaweed stalks or palm leaves, or something else. Hope you know what I mean. Great new color!

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL I was gifted the Mini in the painted pearl, I believe that's the term....grey with flowers....I adore flowers.  I hope you enjoy yours as I have mine.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my Lug bags but I am holding off because I am a LUG addict.  I have more than I need and yes they hold up and I am so happy with my puddle jumpers with and without wheels and then there are others but I don't remember the names.  

I don't think my lug with wheels will fit under my seat and that is my favorite.  Puddle Jumper 2

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@JudyL I have TWO mini puddle jumpers and love, love, love them. I was using them both, alternating to go with my outfit for the day. Now I am alternating a smaller Lug bag on the days I am not packing my lunch in the mini PJ.

They have not fallen apart in any way, shape, or form. The zippers all work very well. The material is not tearing away from the bag. Cleans up nicely when I spill something on them. I get compliments on how cute they are and all the pockets.

There is a new bag they just presented a couple of days ago. Looks a little larger, more like a duffel bag, but fits under the seat in front of you on a plane or a commuter train, from what I can see. I was tempted, not because I need it, but the new ocean type color pattern is so, so cool! Looks like seaweed stalks or palm leaves, or something else. Hope you know what I mean. Great new color!

I don't own any Lug bags but I am loving the Big Deal in the new palm print.  I keep holding off but not sure for how much longer.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

Oh dear, I just watched the presentation on the new PJ duffel bag.  I'm with @Pecky, it is very tempting.  Think I like it better than the orginal PJ and the other duffel type LUG bag that I have that I can't remember the name of. 

Do not, do not, do not, need this duffel bag but the mini PJ would work great as a commute bag I think, which is what I would use it for.

Thank you everyone for all your input re how yours has held up.  I do like the watercolor pearl with the flowers.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL What do you think of the new color, or maybe they sold out of it already. Seemed to be the one selling the most on the presentation I saw.

Seriously, who of us NEEDs another Lug. LOL!!!! We just get them because they are so darn cute.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

I thought the new color/pattern was pretty.  Do you remember the duffel type bag we got - we both ordered the blue cammo - it was a couple years ago.  Do you remember the name of that bag?  That's the bag I'm thinking of donating and getting the PJ duffel in its place.  I used the blue cammo one when I went to Ireland.  It was big and rather cumbersome for me so thinking this PJ duffel would be better.  Or maybe I'm just trying to talk myself into getting another LUG bag!  LOL