Honored Contributor

wow 10 hours is a long day!

i can fly from coast to coast......baltimore to seattle non-stop on alaska air for 6 hours going there, 5 hours coming back for roughly $350 coach.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@Shanus You can't take food or water through security but if you buy it at the concessions you can take it. Unless things have changed in the last 3 years.

@OKPrincess

yes, you can take food through security, even an entire meal. you cannot take beverages though. we usually just eat at the airport. our airport has lots of good options and it gives us a chance to relax before we board the plane. we bring a few snacks on the plane and take the ones they give us (pretzels, peanuts, crackers, cookies.) free beverages on the plane and cocktails for purchase.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Your flight is not 10 hours, it is 10 hours of travel time, flight from NY to West Coast 5 or so hours, watching time for connection, flight from LA or SF, 2 hours to Seattle

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

@Shanus You can't take food or water through security but if you buy it at the concessions you can take it. Unless things have changed in the last 3 years.

@OKPrincess

yes, you can take food through security, even an entire meal. you cannot take beverages though. we usually just eat at the airport. our airport has lots of good options and it gives us a chance to relax before we board the plane. we bring a few snacks on the plane and take the ones they give us (pretzels, peanuts, crackers, cookies.) free beverages on the plane and cocktails for purchase.

@sunshine45  My cherished protein bars can go through in my handbag? Yay!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Shanus 

Your flight is not 10 hours, it is 10 hours of travel time, flight from NY to West Coast 5 or so hours, watching time for connection, flight from LA or SF, 2 hours to Seattle

@I am still oxox  Yes. 10 hrs. travel time, 2 hr. layover and a time change, too! 😲

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@Shanus 

@I am still oxox  Yes. 10 hrs. travel time, 2 hr. layover and a time change, too! 😲

wrote:

wrote:

@Shanus 

@I am still oxox  RDU to Chicago, 2 hr. layover and then to Seattle.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@OKPrincess wrote:

@OKPrincess

@sunshine45 See I didn't know the outside food had changed. Thanks for clarifying. @Shanus Don't pay any attention to me!!

Frequent Contributor

As others have noted, you can't bring beverages through security but you can bring food.   I have brought many types of food, sometimes they ask what it is, but most times it goes through without question.   Buy your drinks after you get through security, if you want anything special to drink.  Flying is not fun anymore,  and be prepared to be cramped into your seat.  You can't move your legs or your arms very much in part because you will be banging into the person(s) next to you.  (I always say I wish I could store my arms in the overhead bin.).  Although the flights will be miserable,  just remember the fun you will have when you get to your destination.   It may sound dumb, but I think it helps to dull the misery!!!!!      Have a wonderful trip. 

Honored Contributor

I get cranky when I'm hungry so I  either bring something or buy it in the food court. I also bring my empty thermos type bottle so I put the coffee in there to sip at my lesiure. If you have a long layover - you can plug in your device at many charginng stations and use their wifi. Safe travels.

Trusted Contributor

I bring an empty water bottle so I can refill it after security from the drinking fountains.  Water is about $3 a bottle at the airport.  if you're diabetic, you can bring liquids like Glucerma, etc.  I've done that before.  Also, I put eyedrops in with my meds and have no problem.  I don't put them in the quart size bag.