Respected Contributor

After much thought we cancelled our August trip with Tauck to Nova Scotia.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Just cancelled August trip

I put a hold to all my traveling for the rest of 2020 too.  I will feel safer once more is known about the virus.  

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about that.  It is hard isn't it?  Takes away something to look forward to.

Valued Contributor

@granddi  That's a shame.  It's hard to imagine the trip will end up going.  We only travel with Tauk and have been all over the world with them.  Given their commitment to safety -- I think it is going to be a long time before they start up again.  I wouldn't even try to guess what travel is going to look like when they do.

Honored Contributor

We're still "go" for our trip to NYC at the end of August to see the U.S. Open which, so far, has not been cancelled.  We'll see.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50  If the US Open is not cancelled, I doubt very seriously spectators will be allowed. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

We feel better that the decision is made.

The uncertanity was creating too much stress.

We will plan a fall road trip.

Esteemed Contributor

I’m considering canceling Hawaii in November. I would be going on my own and, as I think Hawaii was one of the first states to close, don’t want to be left to fend for myself if they close again. Not sure when they will lift their mandatory quarantine for visitors too (I would assume it would be before then, but then what happens for the 2nd wave in the fall?)

I have a big trip in January that I’m pretty much committed to, planned almost a year ago. Although I would be sad if it needed to be canceled, I also wouldn’t be sorry to reschedule it. But, right now, it’s too early to worry.
Esteemed Contributor

@granddi wrote:

We feel better that the decision is made.

The uncertanity was creating too much stress.

We will plan a fall road trip.

I completely understand!  I rescheduled another trip I had in July.  When I emailed the tour provider, I pretty much said the same thing.  Hard to get excited when you don't know if you'll be going or not.  On the bright side, rescheduled to next year and am able to turn it into a better trip for me.

Esteemed Contributor

It is a tough decision. Stressful. I'm sorry about your trips and hope all is clear to reschedule sooner than later. Our mid May trip to Ireland will have to wait another day. I like the idea of a road trip in the fall if science and health professionals give good reports. Daughter and family have an October trip planned to Maui. Their crossing their fingers.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau