Respected Contributor

Has anyone ever planned a cruise with this company, Just Cruises? 

Honored Contributor

Nope!

I always use a travel agent.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I haven't worked with this company but have booked with Vacation to Go which does the same thing.  They were very efficient and things always went smoothly.  I wouldn't hesitate to use either one.  They are experts and know what theyre doing.  After I'd booked my first cruise they started give me onboard cash to spend.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Just Cruises gets great reviews on TripAdvisor.  My friends used Vacation To Go and they were very pleased.  No matter who you use, make sure that you make good notes of your conversation, along with dates and times, who your contact is, and anything else that is important to you.  I always want to know exactly where my cabin is and what amenities are included.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

The only time I used Vacations to Go was fora back to back to back (which we had to cancel at last minute due to major medical-- DH ended up in hospital for six weeks!!) VTG was NO help ( had to fix this all on my own TG for trip insurance).  Since then I have always used a travel agent with whom I could interface with face to face.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Cruises

[ Edited ]

@patbz. My parents and I booked an Alaskan cruise through a travel agent in 1992.  On their way to Seattle in their RV to meet me, dad became deathly ill in Idaho and had to have surgery.  Mom was legally blind and couldn't drive.  She contacted the cruise line to get one of the tickets changed so my sister could go instead of mom and dad.  They insisted it had to be done in person at their Seattle office and wouldn't budge.  So mom's brother flew in from his home in Bend, Oregon and he and mom made a flying trip to Seattle, got the ticket changed and rushed back to Idaho.  Their travel agent was no help whatsoever.  Mom's brother drove them back to Albuquerque  after dad was cleared to travel.

The cruise line is out of business but I would never have used them or the travel agent again.  My sister and I had a lovely trip but regretted that mom and dad never got to see Alaska.

Frequent Contributor

We just check out Vacations to Go and Just Cruises for our trip scheduled in Oct this year via NCL.  We found that the current deal NCL is running is better than either of the above. We have 300 spending credit, 3 speciality dinnes, 30 minutes of internet, (we use to check into flight on the way back) and the drink package all for the same price given by either company. 

You may want to sign up for what ever cruise company you want to use news letter to see when thier specials are.  We set up an email address just for the cruise lines newletters and go through them when we are thinking about a cruise, just to check pricing.

Honored Contributor

I use vacationstogo to get info.  The website is excellent and easy to navigate.  I would book directly with the cruise line.  Never heard of Just Cruises.

Honored Contributor

I don't see any reason to pay a travel agent (They do charge now, don't they?) to book a cruise.  It's a simple process with few options and no need for an intermediary.   The booking agent can advise on any options.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624: My experience with TA is that there is no additional charge to me ((they get their commissions as kickbacks from cruises etc).