Honored Contributor

Re: Is it Safe to Go to Disney World?

@AngelPuppy1   Agree.  I know I could not truly relax and enjoy myself if I had to 1) wear a mask all day!!!; 2) always be aware of who's around me to keep social distance; 3) it seems that the parks are not fully opened, a LOT of money for a limited experience.  

Can your DD get her money back or is there someone else she can go with?  I am fully vaccinated and 71 and healthy but there is no way I would go to WDW at this time.

Honored Contributor

I went to the Disney website and they say all the theme parks are open. Typhoon Lagoon is closed.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how safe it is, but it's definitely getting more expensive.  I just heard this morning that the ticket prices are going up--again.

Esteemed Contributor

I would most likely go.  At this point we've already lost a lot of valuable time so why not?

Go and enjoy, we have to live a little.......this fear factor has been going on way too long and if anyplace has it's act together I would think it would be Disney.

Esteemed Contributor

Go and enjoy yourself! This fear has been going on far too long. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I have friends and coworkers who have been a few times since they reopened, and are going again soon.  Just follow the rules as far as masks, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would go! We all went last year and still had a wonderful time! 

You only have to wear a mask when you are indoors now and that may change this week because infection rates have dropped quite a bit.

It is rumoured that it will change to voluntary.....

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom I would definitely go.I know it will be different but I think you will have a great time. My daughter and granddaughter went early last month to DW in Florida and they had fun (minus the heat). My granddaughter wanted to take her mom to Harry Potter World in FL. They live in CA and go to Disneyland a lot but you have to make reservations. I could have sworn they didn't wear masks but I could be wrong. They are very mask conscious so I know they didn't try to go against the policy. Safe travels and have fun. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you everyone! We leave tomorrow! It will be good to have some time away that we both need. DH is looking forward to "batching it" and watching the World Series!

Now, since we lost our sweet diva kitty, we have an all-male kitty house too. First time ever it's been just the boys!

I appreciate all of the help you gave me!  Smiley Happy

New Contributor

We just returned from Disney last night. They're very strict with wearing masks inside of shops, rides, shows. If you are walking around outside its your choice. Inside stores they will tell you if your mask isn't on right and I saw a man asked to leave a store because he refused to wear a mask. You'll be fine ! Wear your mask keep your hands clean and have a great time.