Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is it Safe to Go to Disney World?

[ Edited ]

i wouldn't go....because i wouldn't enjoy myself wearing a mask all day....jmo...

Trusted Contributor

I would go. Life is too short. We took a family vacaay a year ago in July to Key West during the height of Covid. Just be smart and enjoy yourself.

Super Contributor

I would go. My son is a Covid ICU nurse and all patients he is taking care of now are un............ed. 
I don't 't want to spell it out because I don't want to get poofed but I hope you get the picture. Wear a mask (it really is a good idea without belaboring the why...) and carry your hand sanitizer and go have a good time! What a great opportunity! 

Valued Contributor

All is well at Disney, my daughter works there. Make sure you make reservations to get into whatever park you choose. It's not at full capacity

Respected Contributor

Several of my friends went recently. They were leery about Florida with the high Covid rate. My friend said Disney was good about wearing masks but social distancing was difficult. Of course they are fully vaccinated and did not develop Covid.

Honored Contributor

I would go without hesitation and enjoy! 

Esteemed Contributor

Go!  

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I am really torn. An opportunity came up for me when the friend DD was planning to go with had to cancel. Obviously she won't go alone, so she is hoping we can both go. One of my closest friends just called me begging me not to go. 

Most of the research I've done says it's safe. I'm vaccinated. We all are. I know it's going to be different, but I can live with that. We would be flying down.

Our nephew and his family have been twice in the past year. 

We would be leaving next week.  I appreciate any advice you can give me. TIA!  Smiley Happy

We went to WDW for 5 days in beginning of October.  WDW is celebrating their 50th Anniversary so it is crowded.  Not hearing much about capacity any more at the parks like before.  With the amount of people we saw, crowd levels look just look pre-pandemic times.  Wearing masks are mandator when indoors.  Not everything is open.  Some restaurants are still closed and those that are open have limited menus and items have changed.  Some resorts still have opened.  Most speculate because they can't get enough staff.  We're Disney Vacation Members and stay at the Wildnerness Lodge and I will say that within the hotel and the DVC villa area, is does appear to be less people.  But Holy Moly, it does change when going to the parks.  And remember the Food and Wine Festival is going on in Epcot....well, when does Epcot NOT have a festival going on?  There are no more fastpasses for rides, the system has changed.  It's now called Genie+ and it's an added expense.  Most of the quick serve restaurants want you to do mobile ordering but they still take walk ups (I actually found that quicker).  It's nice to have a sit down table service meal and an ADR (dining reservation) is definitely requires.  I just flew from the south to Northeast right after our Disney trip.  It was absolutely necessary I go and I really didn't want to fly.  My flights were all over booked.  Masks on the plane and within the airport required.  Airports are also crowded.  I would say for the most part, people not social distancing at WDW or airport.  I flew first class for several reasons but the biggest reason was that it was not as expensive as I thought and for the space and convenience.  If you have any more questions, just ask.  I'm a Disney veteran.

Honored Contributor

We are going to Walt Disney World in about a month.

I hope you go to Walt Disney World too.

Honored Contributor

From the sounds of it, a lot of things are limited there and it seems a person would not really get the full experience.  I think it is a lot of money to go there and if I were going, I would want to be able to get the full experience.  So, for me --- it would be a no go.  But, of course, everyone has to weigh the pros and cons.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin