Honored Contributor

Is it Safe to Go to Disney World?

I am really torn. An opportunity came up for me when the friend DD was planning to go with had to cancel. Obviously she won't go alone, so she is hoping we can both go. One of my closest friends just called me begging me not to go. 

Most of the research I've done says it's safe. I'm vaccinated. We all are. I know it's going to be different, but I can live with that. We would be flying down.

Our nephew and his family have been twice in the past year. 

We would be leaving next week.  I appreciate any advice you can give me. TIA!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Is it Safe to Go to Disney World?

I would go!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Go & enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

When in crowds just wear a mask.........................

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO and have a great time!

Regular Contributor

Beach mom,

We went in August and stayed at The Beach Club.   Everyone was wearing a mask. Most of the restaurants were closed or seating was extremely limited with online reservations required. No one would come into our room to make beds or straighten up.  There was no new merchandise to see in EPCOT as everything was so limited. The staff were mostly part time and really weren't very helpful. Most of the foreign staff were sent back home due to the travel restrictions in their home countries.   I tried to get a gift monogrammed and the equipment wasn't working and no one there could fix it. The hardest part was to see the young ones trying to get close to the princesses and being kept very far away. We did not enjoy the experience and left a day early.

Maybe it's better now, but we aren't going back for a long long time.

Honored Contributor

my daughter went late september with my sister. the two had a great time and always felt "safe." the vacation was for five days. they stayed at disney coronado springs and loved it there. 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Heck, I would! 

Esteemed Contributor

If you don't have any pre-existing conditions and you have been vaccinated, I would recommend going.....but knowing, of course, that you are willing to assume a certain degree of risk (which we all take anyway every day). 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom    Live your life, go with your daughter.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom @At six months post a second dose you are no longer at approx. 90% protected. YOUR PROTECTION HAS WANED.  You are down to approx.. 40% You can improve your protection. . If you can get a 3rd booster, after 20 days, you are back up to 90%. So go if you can get a booster or you are recently vaccinated with your second shot. Even if you are recently vaxed with a second shot or have a booster you still have the chance of a break through case. My answer is based on data from Pfizer. 

If you take a biologic medication, like the type given for Rheumatoid arthritis, are in treatment for cancer, have a history of cancers of the blood or specific types of tumors that deplete your immunity, have an organ transplant, stem cell transplant, bone marrow transplant, or have a genetic immunity disorder then your odds are very different, even with vaccinations.