Honored Contributor

@World Traveler

Hi!  I'm doing ok.  Have had a lot of health issues this year but things seem to be on the mend.  Will be glad when this year is over.

Yes, our Ireland trip was the best.  Still think about it all the time and have such wonderful memories.  My sister and her DH are going on the same trip in June.  Except now OAT has reversed the direction of the main trip and added in a different post-trip.  Looks like the pre-trip to No Ireland is a little different also.  Would love to go back.

Hope all is well with you.

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve been to both countries twice. Each time I traveled in June since those trips followed my husband’s business trips to Norway, Ireland was wonderful but rainy. Switzerland was beautiful and sunny most of the time. I think that traveling in September would be ideal. The peak tourist season is over but the weather will still be good. Whenever you go, you’re sure to have a marvelous time.

Super Contributor

We have been to Switzerland the end of August.  Little crowds and still warm enough to hike mountains.  However, we just spent Christmas in Switzerland and loved the winter also.  It is a fabulous country with beautiful scenery and friendly people.  We took trains both trips - great way to travel.  

Occasional Contributor

I've been a few times to Switzerland and once to Ireland, mid may is the best time imho, as its not so crowded and the weather is just fine