Respected Contributor

Re: Illinois Will Begin A Travel Order....

@Mmsfoxxie - I really, truly believe that this quarentine order does NOT apply to your husband's circumstances since you're not a resident of the city of Chicago. It's only for those people who live in the city or are planning to stay within the city limits. 

The City of Chicago has a long list of FAQ's on their website, which I'll reference below, but it specifically says:

"The Order applies to individuals arriving in the City of Chicago, while they are in the city. The city limits are defined in this interactive map."

Since he's not staying in or residing in the city, it wouldn't apply. 

For others who have concerns about travel to Chicago, I normally don't do other people's research for them, but here's the website for anyone who has questions about their own pending travel to Chicago:

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @FrostyBabe1.  

So the only real problem is when he comes back to the house possibly full of germs and exposes me, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Thank you, @FrostyBabe1.  

So the only real problem is when he comes back to the house possibly full of germs and exposes me, lol.

Unfortunately, yes. And of course you'll take whatever precautions you feel are appropriate when he returns. But he's not "forced", at least by the government, to be quarentined. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 - For the life of me, I can't remember where I saw it, but the news had something about a form having to be filled out. It had to do with the 14 day quarantine and a way of contacting a person to do spot checks. 

Maybe you can try to google it and see if anything comes up. 

Sorry, I'm not more helpful. I didn't pay too much attention since I know I'm not goint to NY anytime soon.

Esteemed Contributor

I would be concerned, on an ongoing basis, about someone in my household who was not cautious.   Not just about a voluntary trip.  Stay well.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining, it's a commitment he made in January becfore all of this virus stuff came up.  But, he could bow out.  I told him this morning that I will probably stay in a hotel for at least a week when he's on his way back.  Don't want to pay for 14 days, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Just saw a blurb on the news that Gov. Cuomo (NY) has issued an Executive Order for those traveling to Covid-19 Hot Spots will not be eligible for a type of coronavirus-related sick leave.

Voluntary travel to both North & South Carolina falls under this policy.

And, since Memorial Day, I can't even begin to tell you how many NY license plates I have seen.

Super Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie - do you have a friend you could stay with for a few days?  I had to go to Florida for one week on business and I returned a week ago today.  So far so good, and I have stayed away from everyone since being home.  At the bank and lawfirm I had business with, everyone wore masks and took extra precautions.  Also, I flew Southwest so the middle seats were empty.  Hopefully, your husband will be safe if he follows the recommended precautions.  I would stay on separate floors as your mentioned when he returns home, and perhaps you could eat your meals out of the house sometimes.  I will be thinking about you.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the kind words, @Carolm.  

No, I wouldn't want to stay with anyone that's not living in my house.  I've told all of my relatives that I wasn't accepting visitors because I don't know who they've been around.  And once my husband goes out of town, I'll feel the same way about him until he comes home and quarantines.

I have a cousin who was allowing her grown kids that don't live with her come back and forth to her home....no masks, no social distancing.  (Actually, it wasn't stressed to wear one back in March).  Several in the family got sick with a mild case of Covid-19. One, who became serious, ended up in the hospital for several days.

Honored Contributor

It's a matter of what you are comfortable with but if he only has to quarantine, that means he can stay in the house, using everything you are using, etc. 

If he should get sypmtoms and eventually test positive, he then would have to isolate meaning in a room by himself and using his own bathroom if possible.  At that point, you shouldn't be around him at all, although that might not be possible either.  At that point you would have to quarantine.