Honored Contributor

If you like New Mexico magazine

[ Edited ]

it's offering free access for the April issue due to so many having to stay at home.

Be sure to check out the "One of our 50 is Missing" feature.

This link explains how: 

newmexico DOT org/nmmagazine/articles/post/free-access-to-our-april-2020-issue

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: If you like New Mexico magazine

@GingerPeach    Yes, I think everyone who lives here has experienced some ignorant person trying to put us in a foreign country.  There is an appalling lack of knowledge about geography.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GingerPeach    Yes, I think everyone who lives here has experienced some ignorant person trying to put us in a foreign country.  There is an appalling lack of knowledge about geography.

I've subscribed to and read NM magazine off and on for years (ever since I considered a move there) and my favorite has always been the "50 is missing" portion.  It's incredible how lacking in knowledge all too many folks are, and even those in goverment.  Well, maybe even that last isn't all that surprising.

It's probably as annoying to me as a former geography major as it is to you, a NM resident!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Did I read that correctly? 

Someone working in the Dept of Interior didn't know New Mexico is a state?  How did she get that job?

Aren't our schools teaching the names of our 50 states?  I had to learn all the capitals.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Someone working in the Dept of Interior didn't know New Mexico is a state?  How did she get that job?

Aren't our schools teaching the names of our 50 states?  I had to learn all the capitals.  

@Foxxee   They may be teaching it but a lot of kids sure aren't learning it.  But then, I heard a Q host declare Brazil to be on the West Coast of South America.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I guess you have to have a subscription.   I can't see it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal  

To get the free issue, enter freeaccess@nmmagazine.com as your username and password

Respected Contributor

OHHH   thank you.   I thought that was just for the username and couldn't find a password.   You are nice to help.

Super Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

it's offering free access for the April issue due to so many having to stay at home.

Be sure to check out the "One of our 50 is Missing" feature.

This link explains how: 

newmexico DOT org/nmmagazine/articles/post/free-access-to-our-april-2020-issue

I loved this magazine. Love New Mexico.  I thought they no longer published it.  Have to look for it again.  Thanks.

Super Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Wow! Nothing surprises me anymore.  What's really bad is that these people are allowed to vote.