Esteemed Contributor

ID and Wallets through TSA check in

Going through security.  I know I show my ID and tickets for my flight.  And my wallet obviously would have money in it. HOW DO YOU PROTECT THEM.  Do you immediately put them back in your carry on?  Is it okay to wear them around your neck going through the scanner.

I do have a friend who lost her wallet and phone.  

Honored Contributor

Re: ID and Wallets through TSA check in

You have to keep an eye on your stuff, do not walk away, be at the other end of the belt as it comes thru the scanner

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

My wallet is in my purse - you don’t need to separately put that in the basket. And, like it’s already been said, keep your eyes set on your items as they go through security and try not to venture too far from your items if you can.

There’s a lot of security in that area.
Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
My wallet is in my purse - you don’t need to separately put that in the basket. And, like it’s already been said, keep your eyes set on your items as they go through security and try not to venture too far from your items if you can.

There’s a lot of security in that area.

@Alter Ego: I was thinking the same thing. I've never been asked to take my wallet out of my purse.  

Honored Contributor

I keep my boarding pass and ID in my hand, put my crossbody purse in my carry on tote bag.  The less you have to keep track of the better.  Do not be distracted and focus on your belongings.

Honored Contributor

Lots of security but none of it is there to keep up with your personal items.

Esteemed Contributor

I always keep my wallet in my handbag.I place my handbag in the tray & place it on the belt.As soon as my bag clears the belt I remove it from the tray.

Esteemed Contributor

You can keep your wallet in whatever bag you're carrying.  As previous stated watch for your items as they come through the scanner.

You're going to need less stuff on your person going through security.

Respected Contributor

I also keep my wallet in my purse and put my purse in the plastic container to send it through the scanner.   Once I was stopped because I guess I had too much change in my wallet because they took me aside and while I was watching he dumped all my change out of my wallet.  He said okay and I gathered up my change and off I went. 

Honored Contributor

I clear the change out of my wallet before I fly. For years I've always gotten Pre-Check so it makes going through security so much easier.