Super Contributor

Re: I need snowbird advice....

I'm not sure about Ocala, FL but I know a friend of mine rents for one month in the Siesta Key area of Florida.  She's been doing this for the last couple of years.  I hardly hear of one month rentals.

We have a place in Marco Island and although we do not rent it, the minimum amount of time we are allowed to rent it out is 3 months and only twice a year.  

Super Contributor

Thanks for all the replies.  Good advice was given. We found one in The Villages for the month of Feb. 2020 only.  The rent is $3200.00  We probably will take it and look for something less expensive for next yr.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teachergal 

glad to hear you found something.  The Villages are a fun place with lots to do!

When I rented the home before I decided to buy, it  rented for $2800.  I heard today it's  as high as $3400/month based on a one month term.

Enjoy,

Frequent Contributor

@teachergal wrote:

Thanks for all the replies.  Good advice was given. We found one in The Villages for the month of Feb. 2020 only.  The rent is $3200.00  We probably will take it and look for something less expensive for next yr.

Whoo!  May I ask how you found it?  That's exactly where and when I want to be!  I had called the Villages rental office on September 1st, as per their instructions, and was told they didn't have anything left.  They told me not to even bother calling them again, because it was highly unlikely any rentals would become available for the upcoming winter.  They told me not to even bother calling again.  Did you use another agency or website, such as those listed by the other QVC responders?

Frequent Contributor

bump

Honored Contributor

@teachergal   care to share where you found your rental?  Was it a specific website?  

@Elbelle 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Frequent Contributor

Hooray!  We found a house in the Villages today!  For the month of January...can't wait!  I have always been intrigued by the articles I've read about them.  

Any residents of the Villages have any tips or suggestions?

Honored Contributor

@Elbelle   You might want to post that quesiton in Community Chat.  I have seen many many threads on The Villages over the years here, so there are definitely people who are familiar with it out there.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN