Respected Contributor

I need a vacation.  I am going to take the plunge and book something within the next week.  My intended travel will not be until the end of August.  Now I just have to decide where to go.  I will be staying in the states,.

Trusted Contributor

I have heard by friends that travelled to California that the state is very nice.

My Greek friends did visit last year the Yosemite park, they did go for few days to Oregon.

The did stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton in Los Angeles. Overall, they spent their summer holidays in California all for one month.

They did told me though that California is expensive. With the money they spent during their one month stay, that was equivalent to a three months stay at a Greek island!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

Yes, don't we all.

You should book a cruise - just a river cruise within the US.   If anyone gets sick, it will be easy to drop them off someplace.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: I need a vacation

[ Edited ]

Easy to drop off a sick person, possibly a Covid19 passenger? Really? Maybe at the funeral house.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I need a vacation

[ Edited ]

I am highkacking this thread again, I am sorry but I have an idea:

If I am here still in the States, why dont we have a meet on cruise ship while we sail? We will get to know each other, gossips galore etc etc.

You pick the destination and the cruise liner and lets start packing (actually my suitcase is all ready here)

What do you think, lets do it!

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I need a vacation.  I am going to take the plunge and book something within the next week.  My intended travel will not be until the end of August.  Now I just have to decide where to go.  I will be staying in the states,.

You're not the only one!! We were supposed to go to LV and NM in April--cancelled.  We were supposed to go to NYC and Philly next week--cancelled.  We do have a trip planned to NYC and Montreal at the end of August/early September--that's a maybe.  DH is ready to rent a car and just drive someplace, anyplace.  We are travellers and this enforced stay at home is taking its toll.  IF North Dakota opens up, we may drive there.  

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Travone - Sorry - but I couldn't resist! Smiley LOL

Courtesy of @Alter Ego on the Community Chat forum:  

125CD552-4299-4D9B-899B-BC8465CA0E9D.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@beach-momLove it!  Unfortunately  I have several stamps from the kitchen. 

Esteemed Contributor
I’m literally on MSN.com looking at an article titled “Half of Americans Plan to Take Post-Pandemic Trips Over the Next Six Weeks”

That seems a little high, but it also says Americans are most eager to take road trips less than 200 miles to see friends and family. This is supposed to be leading up to the July 4th holidays. I suppose considering short trips, it seems more reasonable.

I had to postpone my European trip in July but am looking at some national parks for early September. But, that’s not so easy either as several of the park hotels are not opening for the season. But, I will keep my hopes high that things work out - I’m looking at places where it should be relatively easy to socially distance.

@Dinaki - are you talking about a virtual cruise thread for fun?
Trusted Contributor

@Alter Ego 

I wanted to say  is that if we could make a meet  of us ladies and sail on a cruise ship all together. That way we could talk, meet each other and be friends, not e-friends only!