Respected Contributor

Re: I could plan a trip just to visit favorite restaurants from my past

@Carmie. I forgot about that!  Way back, there was a third location that was out on the Intercoastal waterway in Pungo which is located in southern VA Beach. That is the only location I ever ate at.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love all things French, so I've gone to France and Québec many times. I have a favorite restaurant in Paris, Le Florimond (hence, my former QVC name) and in La Vieille Ville (the old town) in Québec City, Il Matto. 

Le Florimond serves country-style as well as classic-style French cuisine. I am not usually a fan of stuffed cabbage but theirs, made with pork, is simply heavenly. With a brown gravy and soft, flavorful meat stuffing, it would definitely be my last meal. Second on my food tour is an Italian restaurant in Québec. They have the best starters, but the pièce de résistance is their lobster and homemade pasta in a creamy tomato sauce. Oh how I miss those dishes!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just happened to stumble on this older hread today.  Fast Dog Walker 2, Your post gave me goose bumps, now all I have to do is convince DH.  He is like Red Top, food is food and he'd rather eat at home.  With me doing all the cooking, of course.  

Super Contributor

When we lived in Wildfecken, Germany there was a gasthaus that had a seasonal dish served in late October and November. 

Roasted goose breast with a potato dumpling, red cabbage and a small gravy boat of au jus, . Absolutely the best thing I've ever eaten in my 70 years. We would go every week to get this one meal.

I had never eaten goose so after November I decided to roast a whole goose for Christmas dinner.  If you ever have seen the movie Christmas Vacation, my Goose looked just like the Turkey they carved. Thank goodness for side dishes. I literally cooked all of the meat out of the Goose!!!