Honored Contributor

Re: I caved & booked my cruise for January, 2018🛳

That's wonderful.  I've never been on a cruise, I'm up for it but hubby doesn't like the idea.  He loves to travel, we both do.  We just spent a 6 days in London and are thinking about a January vacay.  We have friends who spend the winter in their condo in PR, so that's probably where we will go but we won't stay with them but we'll spend a lot of time with them.   Of course, if I could get hubby to agree to a cruise, I'd jump on that.

Respected Contributor

My husband wasn't interested in a cruise until we went to Alaska. Since then we have gone on 4. Wish we had discovered them earlier and gone on them when we were younger too.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 Your room is AWESOME!!!! I think you could put all the Travel Forum posters in that room! LOL!!!! Enjoy and report back, please. Heart

Honored Contributor

That's good you have someoneone to go with you, and splitting the costs. Going solo costs a fortune. (with the very nice room you have)

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624@homedecor1@World Traveler,

I love cruises, they are a real vacation for me. Holland American's ships are very elegant and their food is amazing however we never do the excursions with the cruise line. You can find very reliable drivers in taxis by locals or in trip advisor. 

River cruises are a different story because everything is included.

Bon voyage🌻

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

That's wonderful.  I've never been on a cruise, I'm up for it but hubby doesn't like the idea.  He loves to travel, we both do.  We just spent a 6 days in London and are thinking about a January vacay.  We have friends who spend the winter in their condo in PR, so that's probably where we will go but we won't stay with them but we'll spend a lot of time with them.   Of course, if I could get hubby to agree to a cruise, I'd jump on that.

@chrystaltree  My sister and I went on a cruise that left from San Juan.  We went a day early so we could see some of the high points.  We hired the taxi driver who drove us from the airport to drive us around.  He was well-informed and personable and took us all over the city.  The high point for sister was visiting the cafe where the piña colada was invented.  We had one and a very good lunch.   The old part of San Juan is much like New Orleans.  I'd loved to have gone to the rain forest but no time.  But oh the humidity there, terrible.  They seem to have a shower every day of the year. 

We always use taxis as tour vehicles instead of doing excursions.  If you can find another couple, you can spend a day touring an island for about $20. each person. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment