Honored Contributor

I caved & booked my cruise for January, 2018🛳

[ Edited ]

I told myself I was going to take a year off from traveling since I did a lot of upgrades in my home this year..💸💸💸

Then I got a email from Holland America to travel on the newly refurbished Rotterdam 14 day maiden voyage in January. I got some good "incentives" so I decided to do it!  I ❤️ Holland America and have always had wonderful time. 

I'm excited will be something to look forward to after the holidays! 

I upgraded my room to a Neptune suite on the Navigator deck which has a beautiful lanai.  

I was supposed to be saving to take an Alaskan cruise next year BUT those ports w/beautiful beaches called me🏝🏝☀️☀️

My spouse thinks I'm crazy I just can't say "no" to me!!! I enjoy traveling he doesn't.

Guess that was my CIJ treat...better than the reindeer I had in my basket!!! Lol

Honored Contributor

Re: I caved & booked my cruise for January, 2018🛳

Are you going alone?  What islands? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Congratulations!  I was also going to ask if you are going alone?  I always wish I had the guts to travel alone but I don't.  My spouse doesn't care about traveling either.

Trusted Contributor

I am very jealous.  Haven't had a real vacation in 10 years.  Last trip was a week in Paris.  In February.  Not the best weather but that is when my friend could go so we made the best of it.  The ironic thing was the wine was cheaper than the hot chocolate.  lol

Honored Contributor

Is this a teaser thread? Going to? Caribbean? Europe? South pacific? Etc?

Esteemed Contributor

That sounds wonderful - 14 days of leisurely sunny days.  Hard to imagine, but January 2018 is actually so close!  Nice to have something to look forward to after the holidays and during the cold winter months (assuming you live in a cold locale).

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

@itsmetoo

yes at this point.  The fare is high not sure I can find a friend (or my cousins) who can take a 14 day cruise or afford the fare (not inc daily rates, excursions, etc)  Plus, again selfish I don't want to be responsible for someone else's good time

I prefer to travel alone esp on a 14 day.  Here is my room:

IMG_1989.JPG

I am scheduled to go to Panama Canal in November for 18 days  and it's a trip offered thru our on-site travel agent. There are 197 people going from our community.  Most of them are couples, drink & frankly, not my "cup of tea" to get smashed every day starting at 4.  Also, it's 9-10 days on water on Royal Carribean (huge ship).  The price was awesome but I really want to cancel because I like to get off and hit all the beaches - only 3 stops besides canal visit (3 I always find a couple going and I share taxi with them -- I never trust going in cab alone in the islands.

And i I like doing my own thing. I can eat whenever without going to DR and can pack lightly. I'm not interested in formal nite, etc. (maybe if I had spouse I would). The food is all the same & I don't want to be on a schedule to eat! 

My cruise is just 2 weeks away to relax, meet new people, and do what I want!!!

Honored Contributor

When my sister and I traveled to the islands, we did the taxi thing too.  We got some fantastic drivers who showed us some things others didn't get to see.  They were all very personable and knowledgable.  I always want to see how the natives live, and you don't see that on excursions. 

That room is huge.  You could throw a party in there.  You'll have a great time. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ

no not teaser 

Leaving from Tampa, FL going to ports:

Key west 

grand cayman

st thomas

san juan

antiqua

st lucia

aruba

curacao 

st Bart's & st Maarten **

** when final iteniary comes out may not be included per travel agent.

I believe these are the ports of call.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

yes it is! I like the amenities that go with it! I had this room on the Rhyndam & Masdam many many years ago.

I got spoiled !!!!

my last trip on Princess was the disasterous trip from hell - 6500 passengers...and no stops I liked so I am making up for it!!! Lol

The taxi drivers are extremely nice but if you aren't familiar with the surroundings they "gouge" you on price!!!!

Excursions are imo overpriced unless it's a day of fun, i.e., schooner or catamaran with snorkeling.