Frequent Contributor

Re: I canceled my flight to CA

I was flying to Colorado for Thanksgiving but cancelled. I decided it just wasn't worth it.

Honored Contributor

Smart decision.  Now that we the vaccines, this is not the time to take chances.  Actually, we should all be doubling down and doing everything we can to stay safe and diminish transmission of the virus.  We are going to get through this.  I work for a hospital, we had a meeting regarding the vaccines and what to expect.  There's light at the end of the tunnel now but as more people get the vaccine, the situation will improve considerably.  We will get our lives back by this time next year.  

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I was going to Los Angeles to see my daughter and granddaughter at Christmas. I made the reservations months ago when I felt better about going but as the time got closer I knew I couldn't go. I did not feel it was safe. I thought about flying Delta as they still have the middle seats open but still didn't feel comfortable. They are the only family I have and I miss them terribly but I will have to wait. I actually feel better after making a decision to stay home. I was so stressed out and worried. Then a friend of mine told me she got sick and tested positive after working at the polls. She had a mild case but still she got it. A face time Christmas it will be. I already mailed their presents and cookies. I am hopeful 2021 will be a little better but not holding my breath. Woman Sad

I'm so sorry...I can imagine how hard that was to do.  You made the right decision and I hope you can see your family in 2021!

Trusted Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@KCDiva wrote:

I was going to Los Angeles to see my daughter and granddaughter at Christmas. I made the reservations months ago when I felt better about going but as the time got closer I knew I couldn't go. I did not feel it was safe. I thought about flying Delta as they still have the middle seats open but still didn't feel comfortable. They are the only family I have and I miss them terribly but I will have to wait. I actually feel better after making a decision to stay home. I was so stressed out and worried. Then a friend of mine told me she got sick and tested positive after working at the polls. She had a mild case but still she got it. A face time Christmas it will be. I already mailed their presents and cookies. I am hopeful 2021 will be a little better but not holding my breath. Woman Sad

I'm so sorry...I can imagine how hard that was to do.  You made the right decision and I hope you can see your family in 2021!

Thank you. I'm sure I will. My niece and sister tested positive last Monday and my niece is not doing well.  This is nothing to take lightly at all. Stay well. 

Valued Contributor

@KCDiva 

It's always sad to hear anyone getting a positive test results. 

While I'm sure cancelling your plans was sad, feel proud about doing the right thing. Hopefully you'll be able to see the, sooner than later, and the reunion will be all the more joyful!