Honored Contributor

Very funny!   No one will walk away with your luggage!

I had that happen to me a few years ago.  It was very crowded in baggage claim (at Philly international airport going home) and I was on the other side of the carousel when I saw my medium gray bag coming around.  I knew it was mine because I had tied a bright blue and a bright red tag on the handle.  I also had curly red ribbon on the handle.

Well when I saw it starting to come towards me, a twenty-something girl reached for the bag, placed it on the floor and at that moment I thought she was going to check the tags and put it back on the carousel.   Instead she raised the handle and started walking away.  I made a beeline towards her and cut her off from the front.

I stopped right in front of her and said, "that looks like my bag!"  I reached for the tag and sure enough saw my name.  She just said "Ohhh" and walked back towards the carousel.

Once I left baggage claim and told my DD who was picking me up, I felt that she was trying to steal the bag....but who knows?!

Esteemed Contributor

This is funny but I'll just stick to my psychedelic luggage tags that I can spot a mile away, LOL!   I also had someone pick up my bag once off the carousel.  I get there as quickly as I can, I worry about losing my luggage , you have to pay close attention!

Esteemed Contributor

I picked up the wrong bag one time when I had just flown in from Germany and actually got to my home in Silver Spring  before I discovered it.  Funny thing it was a Landsend monogrammed suitcase exactly like my "real" suitcase ( only the monogram was different!).Ever since then I've stenciled my initials in three inch letters on both sides of any suitcase.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9So glad you were able to get your bag back.  Things like that are the reason I got a robins egg blue set of luggage.  Mine was the ONLY light blue set on the carousel... on the plane...in the airport, as far as i could see.  

Still it's for sure nobody would easily take a bag with somebody elses  face plastered on it.