Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Though I consider myself a professional at packing....... (from years of traveling). I took a look anyway.  You can always pick up new ideas.  I did find that I already do most of what's recommended.  It certainly is an art.  When we travel I pack everything for me and my husband.  He is color blind so it's to my benefit to pack his clothing, LOL.....My best advice to friends is "pack light" and purchase undergarments specifically for travel that can be washed in the sink and dry quickly.  There is so much on the market now there is no excuse to overpack.......as stated in the article, get rid of the "I might need it" pile as you most likely will not.  Happy travels.

Trusted Contributor

Thankyou so much.

Respected Contributor

i always look for new ideas too so i  was surprised that my number one rule isn't here:  decide on a minimal color palette first and pack accordingly.  i find that if i stay to a couple of basic colors i can cut number of coordinating shoes/bags way down. e.g.,  i often build around black and white -  with color accents of scarves, sweaters, shoes, earrings.

also i wouldn't dream of giving up valuable space to those cubes/containers.  i do stuff everything - panties/bras in shoes and handbags which maximizes space and helps them keep their optimal shape. i fill up any nooks and crannies formed by heels with rolled or folded scarves or camis or tees.   i want to get maximum in, especially to a carry on.