Honored Contributor

Re: How long can you be on vacation?

For me, it depends on where.  When I went to Ireland and England both trips were 3 weeks long and 2 weeks into each trip, I hit a wall, so to speak, and just wanted to go home - tired of the other travelers, the constant change of hotels, always being on the go, etc.  Didn't think I'd make that last week.  Those feelings usually pass within a day tho and then I'm fine until I head home.

Now, when I go to Africa - I could stay for months.  Usually go for 3 weeks and I'm crying on the way home cuz I don't want to leave.

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey   Just read your post from the 9th now.  Hope the rest of your work week was better.  Hang in, there--it's Friday.

Sooooooo glad I'm retired.  But I remember some working days as you described.

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Mary Bailey   Just read your post from the 9th now.  Hope the rest of your work week was better.  Hang in, there--it's Friday.

Sooooooo glad I'm retired.  But I remember some working days as you described.

@aroc3435it was better Thank You. 

and now I'm off until Wed the 18th

I've got so long to go to retirement at least 5 years  I don't know how I'm going to make it.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I can't do it for very long and that impacts my interest to go to some places because you need a minimum of 10 days plus the 2 to get there and back.

I want to go on a cruise and I need to start on a short one to see if I like it.  I don't want a situation where I'm clawing to get off the boat after 3 days.  LOL

@VaBelle35, DH and I did the same thing with our first cruise. We did a 4 night cruise.  Our longest was 5 night and we both said we wouldn't want to do longer than that.  But we also hate the big mega ships so there's only so much you can do on smaller ships. LOL  

Honored Contributor

My answer is 0; I do not like to be away from home, period.  I find no excitement in the idea of a vacation.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Due to work and school restraints I usually take a week's vacation but this Christmas the school district I work in has closed schools for two weeks.  So we are going overseas to visit my daughter who is studying at Cambridge.  We will be in Paris for the week of Christmas and London the week of New Years.

Frequent Contributor

My longes trip was 14 days including 2 days of travel this past fall to Central Europe. We stayed in 5 cities. I enjoyed every minute of it , but do start to get exhausted , up at 5am and not in bed until 11pm at the earliest. I was ready to come home and yet didnt want to leave . If I ot more sleep, I think I could do longer .

Frequent Contributor

We went to both last year, Paris is possibly my favorite city! Its so magical!

Occasional Contributor

I am on vacation forever being retired. We love our cruises.  The first one was for 4 days, Too short!  Next was a 7 day, just right.  Then we tried a 5 day, was still good.  Now looking into another 4/5 day cruise from the east coast. We have no pets, no plants nothing to keep us home except the money part. But we go anyway.  Try a cruise you may like it!

Honored Contributor

10 days is my ideal time away from home! However, it really would depend on where I was going!