Contributor

Re: How cold does it get on a ship?

I would take a wrap or hoodie, which is what I am taking this Saturday when we sail to Nassau and Key West for my first cruise in 25 years!  The ships turn up the AC if I remember correctly! Have a great cruise!

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

We leave San Diego and go to South America then back up to Miami.

Are you going around the horn (thought was going off season for that) or through the canal?  Two very different climates!  

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart,

I always bring something to cover my arms, the air conditioning can be super cold you can control it in your cabin but not in the common areas.

Casual or dressy I no dot want to catch a cold while I am on vacation🌻

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

We leave San Diego and go to South America then back up to Miami.

Are you going around the horn (thought was going off season for that) or through the canal?  Two very different climates!  

through the Panama Canal.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart, It can get chilly on the deck at night, so I would advise to take a jacket or a hoodie.  I also always bring a nice sweater, because it can be chilly in the dining room.  I would not leave home without both a sweater and a light-weight jacket/hoodie.  You don't want to be cold or have to buy something in port or on ship.  Every ship that I have been on does have a big sale at the end of the cruise and they will have their sweatshirts and hoodies marked down.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

@CalminHeart  Take a light-weight hoodie.  Evenings can be cool despite the day-time temps.  The ship is moving which creates a breeze.  I live in Florida and anytime I go anywhere, my little jacket is with me.  78 here today and 58 tonight.  Same as on a ship in the Carribbean, constantly moving.  Better be safe than sorry.  Even a windbreaker would work.

Valued Contributor

I live close to Port Canaveral and take a lot of last-minute cruises.  Like I said, light-weight hoodie or windbreaker is a necessity.