Honored Contributor

Here in the USA

[ Edited ]

Located in Aspen, the Maroon Bells are one of the most jaw-dropping and most photographed places in Colorado, earning them a spot on PureWow's list of the 50 Most Beautiful Places on the Planet.

Within driving distance of most of the Western US, this is truly a majestic view.  The publication lists it has a hike, when in reality, this view is about 50 ft from the parking lot.  Morning is the best time to visit and take photos.

Screenshot_20200819-093536~2.png

Screenshot_20200819-093751~2.pngpop

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Heart     Wow!   Heart

Honored Contributor

Spectacular breathtaking view!!!!!!  I can see why this is such a tourist attraction and also something for the state to brag about!!!!  Such beauty is uplifting!  Thanks for the picture.

Honored Contributor

The area is now part of the National Park Service so there is a small fee to enter.  During certain parts of the year, it's so popular and parking is limited, that they bus people in.

It is not IN Aspen, but is about a beautiful 45 min drive from the city.

Aspen is a pleasant place to visit with beautiful old Victorian homes and nice shops.  It's cool (literally)  in summer but comes alive in winter when skiing starts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 , just beautiful!!!  Good for the soul.  LM

Valued Contributor

So majestic.

@Kachina624   Thank you for sharing; just beautiful.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 - Thank you for posting - beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Aspen is on DH's bucket list for a ski trip.  Last year we went to Breckenridge and Keystone. We mainly only go west in the winter. The mountains are truly magnificent, but I do not like driving on those mountain roads with snow, ice, and herds of elk!  Yes, I am an east coast city girl who likes the beaches the best.

Honored Contributor

I don't like driving on those roads, period. You look over the edge and there is a car way down in the ravine.  One wonders what happened to the driver.  This was many years ago, does anyone know if they retrieve those cars now days?  

Respected Contributor

Beautiful to see, I've been there hiking. I have a sister that lives an hour away from Maroon Bells.