Respected Contributor

One of my friends came back from Hawaii and her legs were all bitten up, she didn't know what bit her but she told me that Hawaii has these tiny spiders that have a big bite.  She said ants and spiders are the main problem in the condo that they stayed in.  Even though the condo was on the 10th floor, she said they crawl up and get into their home.

I never heard about that and I visited for a week but didn't stayed in a hotel vs someone's home.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like they had bed bugs.

Respected Contributor

Bed bugs 

Respected Contributor

If it was bed bugs she'd have bites on more than just her legs.

It might be from kicking up sand at the beach.  There's invisible sea lice that's in the sand and water.  They fly up high enough to bite legs.   Also called swimmer's itch.

Honored Contributor

Seems like there's a glitch in paradise.  That's what I love about tropical climates; all the creepy, crawley biting, stinging things that thrive in the heat and humidity. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

never been bit by a spider in Hawaii, in 48 yrs of traveling there...yep, bed bugs! 😝

Valued Contributor

I have seen huge spiders on Kauai and a cockroach investation on Maui (both 30+ years ago) and have been bitten by something on Kauai (4 years ago) and Maui (last year).  I found this:  http://maui-oceanview-condo.com/2014/10/sand-fleas/ and am pretty sure that's what got me both times while in beach side restaurants.  I am hoping Off will help the next time we visit.