Esteemed Contributor

Hawaii Cruise Pride of America

Planning a trip in May.  Need help with excursions from the cruise ship Pride of America.  Many choices and rather expensive.  Not willing however to rent a car and drive and not wiilling to take independent cruises.  We do not want tours that are strenous, just pretty with scenery or history or perhaps even a meal.  If anyone has traveled and could give a few suggesions. We plana to go in May, our last state, seen all the rest.  

Our travel agent did not want to make up our mind for us.  LOL  I guess I am driving her crazy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hawaii Cruise Pride of America

Your travel agent gets paid to be driven crazy by indecisive  customers.  Insist that she offer suggestions.  It's hard for people here to give ideas without knowing your itinerary and specifically where you'll be and what's available.  You ought to be able to get some ideas on Cruise Critic.   You know more about it than we do.  We can't make decisions for you; just pick and choose carefully.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

One of the excursions we did when we took that same cruise was the Road to Hanna excursion. We went in a large van that held about 10 people and a tour guide drove the road to Hanna stopping along the way at various sites and telling us about the area. We also stopped for lunch.  The scenery was gorgeous and it was not strenuous.  We really enjoyed it. 

We also signed up for an evening luau which was entertaining with the Hawaiian dancers.  

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu  Agree with @itsmagic the Road to Hanna on Maui is an absolute must!   We did the same cruise for my husbands 60th birthday, it was really a great way to see a lot of the islands.   Of course, you must make a stop at Pearl Harbor.   Reserve ahead of time if you want to go out to the USS Arizona  memorial as it is always sold out.

Happy sailing!

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu

I, too, am planning a cruise on Pride of America next spring. If you haven't visited Cruise Critic (all one word, .com), please do so. There are many discussions of not only the ship, but ports and excursions as well. You've pretty much limited yourself to only taking ship's excursions and those are without a doubt the most expensive option. You can also join a roll call for your particular cruise if you wish. You'll get FAR more info there than you will here, as it's specifically dedicated to the trip you're taking. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Booked today.  So many choices.  I took out the helicopter ride and saved myself big bucks allowiing me to add one more excursion choice of lesser cost to me.  Very excited about this.  Last state.  Our anniversary.