Respected Contributor

Re: Have Apple phone/At&T...do we need to purchase Passport plan for travel In Europe?

Traveling in Europe last fall we had same situations and concerns. We made three different trips to AT&T store because we wanted to make sure we were not misunderstanding. Each time we learned a bit more or something different. We wanted just one phone on a plan for emergency sake. It was not the plan that charged daily. When we returned we were charged by mistake fir the daily plan and after a couple of calls got that fixed. Encourage talking to more than one person as well as someone more „more in the know.“. We had them put dates of plan on our account but apparently there is way to do it yourself. What’s App works great if you have WI FI but if not around you need that data. Enjoy
Super Contributor

Re: Have Apple phone/At&T...do we need to purchase Passport plan for travel In Europe?

Keep your phone on airplane mode when you’re out and about. Then you can’t inadvertently receive a call. A friend of mine’s husband is temporarily working overseas and they use Skype and text on airplane mode with no additional charges. 

And I agree use WhatsApp 

Respected Contributor

My husband went to Denmark & was worried about coverage, texting, etc. he first called our cell phone carrier. He found out he was already covered with our plan , it was all included. No need to buy something extra. Check first, call your carrier.