Esteemed Contributor

Re: HELP I am freezing to death in Florida!

@BalletBabe  We are experiencing some below normal temps & so are you.I guess we can blame global warming which has become a real problem.

I’ve had enough.I can’t wait until Spring!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@BalletBabe  Do any homes in Florida have central heat?  Yes, this weather is quite strange.  I can't believe all the snow in the southern states and cold weather.  Last year in Chicago it was so mild it did not feel like winter at all.  This year it started getting back to the way it use to be -- cold, snow for weeks at a time.  I personally love winter and the snow but if you are now equipped for the cold or snow I know it must be difficult for you.  Stay warm.  You can send the snow up north!   Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1   I don't know of anyone with central heat.   These heat pumps cannot handle this weather.  I know several that are having trouble with them freezing up.  They also kick into the emergency heat if it gets too cold.   Lord help our heating bills.   I grew up in Pa.   I was always cold.  I just could not take it anymore.   The Pan Handle has seen snow, but I have never seen it here. This up and down is what is bad.  Yesterday a long sleeve t-shirt and jeans was good and today Winter Coats.       

Esteemed Contributor

Florida has a lot of homeless people and all the shelters are full.   I just hope they can find a place to keep warm.   :0(

Esteemed Contributor

26734001_2012830852066543_8945348813878016051_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe  Get yourself some Ugg boots that are lined.  They are so warm that your whole body will stay warm.  I bought my first pair this year on sale.  A lot of women wear them in the spring weather too.  Just stay safe and take care.   I need to llive in 4 seasons because I was brought up in it and when I lived in CA, I surely missed it.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I know what you're saying.  My parents were snowbirds for 22 years.  Since my father passed, my mother stays year round in CT.  She is always cold.  When I visit, it is so warm in the house I roast.

Honored Contributor

Yes! Freezing in Florida! G.I.L.I A298621 stylish and warm.❣

Honored Contributor

Stay warm everyone,

http://moziru.com/images/word-clipart-winter-16.jpg

Honored Contributor

I woke up to 17 degrees and understand that you are not used to the cold, years ago it was under 40 when we we in Key West and the same another time in the Bahamas

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Do you not have central heat?  My mom is in south Florida and her condo has heat which she's had to put on this winter though not constantly.  It's rare when she has to use it but it's nice to have when needed.